Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

New Who Viewed for Job Posts and My Profile concept

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
21 of 141

Valeria - 

 

I haven't seen this yet, but I agree this could be useful (or amusing, or depressing), but I also agree with the folks who said the notification bell is not the right place for this.  We have a stats page. Let's put stats on it. Unless, of course, Upwork is planning on putting notifications on the stats page?

 

Wes

Highlighted
Moderator
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 141

Hi Wes, 


We frequently try out new features -- both big and small -- by conducting testing with a small group of users. We will be glad to pass your comments on as we work to determine which potential features our customers like and don’t like. Thanks!


-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
23 of 141

It would be useful if the three sample clients would also be updated. I have the same clients listed but I obvioulsy had a number other clients looking at my profile also since yesterday. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
24 of 141

Jennifer R wrote:

It would be useful if the three sample clients would also be updated. I have the same clients listed but I obvioulsy had a number other clients looking at my profile also since yesterday. 


Besides the fact that the three sample clients I have been able to see since yesterday have no connection with the type of job I can do, when I click on their job offers I get the message:

"This job post is not available in your location

This client has specified a location preference for this job."

 

Great. So to me, these sample clients might just be fake clients.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
25 of 141

It would make sense to enable all profile views to be visible vs the limited amount as it now stands.  Especially as I was awarded, via an Invite Only, a job (posted under two titles) by a client I'm currently working with. Contract was signed before the program took effect.

 

I'm assuming at least part of the reason for instituting this program was to motivate FLers to place bids on viable and available gigs. Ergo, showing the full compliment of views would be far more useful.

 

That said, I appreciate the fact I am not getting email notifications of views.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
26 of 141

It says my profile has been saved 109 times "from recent activity".

 

What does recent activity refer to? Is it the "last 60 days" mentioned below "Profile Engagement"?

Whose activity are we talking about? Clients viewing my profile or my applying to jobs? Both?

 

Also, there's something wrong here: Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 12.46.12.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
27 of 141

Ela K wrote:

It says my profile has been saved 109 times "from recent activity".

 

What does recent activity refer to? Is it the "last 60 days" mentioned below "Profile Engagement"?

Whose activity are we talking about? Clients viewing my profile or my applying to jobs? Both?

 

Also, there's something wrong here: Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 12.46.12.png


I guess that's because they are Enterprise clients.

Skjermbilde 2019-11-06 09.44.53.png

Highlighted
Moderator
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 141

Hi All,

First, I’d like to say that we really appreciate your feedback about the feature we’re testing. We’ve been sharing it with the team, a couple of adjustments have already been made and they are planning to make more updates based on your feedback.

We noted the issue of certain jobs (posted with location requirements or in a Private Talent Cloud) being inaccessible through the links. Also, the issue with total spent showing as $0 when the client’s financial information is private. We’ll work on addressing these.

We’ve also confirmed that Total Saved refers to the number of times the freelancer’s profile was saved since they registered. We’ll clarify the language that shows in that area so that "recent" is no longer utilized.

We’re also looking into your reports about the last 3 clients who viewed your profile not changing.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
29 of 141

Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

First, I’d like to say that we really appreciate your feedback about the feature we’re testing. We’ve been sharing it with the team, a couple of adjustments have already been made and they are planning to make more updates based on your feedback.

We noted the issue of certain jobs (posted with location requirements or in a Private Talent Cloud) being inaccessible through the links. Also, the issue with total spent showing as $0 when the client’s financial information is private. We’ll work on addressing these.

We’ve also confirmed that Total Saved refers to the number of times the freelancer’s profile was saved since they registered. We’ll clarify the language that shows in that area so that "recent" is no longer utilized.

We’re also looking into your reports about the last 3 clients who viewed your profile not changing.

Thanks!


Thanks Valeria.
Please let us know when the changes are made to check them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
30 of 141

Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

First, I’d like to say that we really appreciate your feedback about the feature we’re testing. We’ve been sharing it with the team, a couple of adjustments have already been made and they are planning to make more updates based on your feedback.

We noted the issue of certain jobs (posted with location requirements or in a Private Talent Cloud) being inaccessible through the links. Also, the issue with total spent showing as $0 when the client’s financial information is private. We’ll work on addressing these.

We’ve also confirmed that Total Saved refers to the number of times the freelancer’s profile was saved since they registered. We’ll clarify the language that shows in that area so that "recent" is no longer utilized.

We’re also looking into your reports about the last 3 clients who viewed your profile not changing.

Thanks!


Valeria, thank you for sharing this information with us.

Other than that, could you please explain the reason for having such a feature? What good does it bring us, freelancers, to know who has looked at our profile and judged we were not worth contacting? I'd rather not know because it's a bit depressing!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS