Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Who Viewed for Job Posts and My Profile concept

Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
31 of 141

Valeria K wrote:

Thanks for your feedback, Luce. Generally, this information provides insight into the types of jobs posted by the clients who reviewed your profile. You can use this information to help optimize your profile and make sure the right clients are considering you. On top of that, you’ll be able to see the jobs these clients have posted so you can easily review them.

Valeria, I know the profiles of the first 3 clients that have viewed my profile by heart now, it still doesn't help me. One of them seems to have contacted me and has given me a small job. The 2 others are total mysteries as the jobs they were offering were not available to me as I'm not in the right part of the world.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
32 of 141

Valeria K wrote:

Thanks for your feedback, Luce. Generally, this information provides insight into the types of jobs posted by the clients who reviewed your profile. You can use this information to help optimize your profile and make sure the right clients are considering you. On top of that, you’ll be able to see the jobs these clients have posted so you can easily review them.

Well, since I discovered that I could see this, the same thing happens to me.
3 fixed customers and, for more nonsense, I can't see anything about them.
And the only job I can access tells me:

Screenshot.png

And, I suppose, that the other two, even if there was a link to "something," would not help me either.
Is the portfolio the symbol of "normal customer" or "client's PTC cloud"?

Screenshot (1).png

So, what and how does this help us for what you say?

Also, taking into account that I do animation and design, and two of the clients are for writing and translation.
Please, can you explain it to me?

Highlighted
Community Guru
33 of 141

Valeria K wrote:

Valeria, I know you mean well but I really think this feature is complicating the technical problems the platform has to face with little benefit for most freelancers. Or at least for me!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
34 of 141

To my surprise, I'm finding delivery by notification not that intrusive. Like or or not, I see the logic behind using notificaitons and email rather than (before?) the stats page for "who viewed": It fits into Upwork's "Act now!" (workflow/speedup) mentality.

That said, it could be useful to know that a couple of clients looked at my profile and also posted jobs in my wheelhouse. It would be more useful, of course, to be able to scan all the lookers. I suppose knowledge of two (out of three) is better than zero. I don't see the value of showing the third view, which has no live job link.

Highlighted
Jemiscoe C Member Since: Nov 10, 2019
35 of 141

While the constant bell alert notification is not intrusive in any way, and it's great to see that people are looking at my profile, the recent clients don't seem to change. Also, why can't we click on and view the other clients/companies underneath the top three? I think it would make this feature even more engaging if, as a freelancer, we could see all who are viewing our profile, but also the client and potential postings that we could send proposals to. Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Jem~

Highlighted
Community Guru
36 of 141

Jemiscoe C wrote:

While the constant bell alert notification is not intrusive in any way, and it's great to see that people are looking at my profile, the recent clients don't seem to change. Also, why can't we click on and view the other clients/companies underneath the top three? I think it would make this feature even more engaging if, as a freelancer, we could see all who are viewing our profile, but also the client and potential postings that we could send proposals to. Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Jem~

I agree with you, just having the same three clients for days and days isn't that interesting. One of them seems to have contacted me, but his offer is not interesting at all.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
37 of 141

I don't understand the point of having the Who viewed your profile section since there are only three entries that never update.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
38 of 141

Maybe the real point of this feature is to create a reason for discussion on the forum?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Alexander B Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
39 of 141

I think this is more useful to new clients and new freelancers. It's kind of how people worry about how many likes they get on social media. 

A step in the right direction?

Highlighted
Community Guru
40 of 141

Alexander B wrote:

I think this is more useful to new clients and new freelancers. It's kind of how people worry about how many likes they get on social media. 

A step in the right direction?

Depends what you call "the right direction"! The direction of stupid crowds not having better things to worry about than getting likes on social media? The end of civilized civilization? This is all SCARY!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS