Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New navigation options for Clients

Highlighted
Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 10

Starting today, we will begin introducing new navigation options for clients signed into oDesk. This reorganization is intended to make it easier for clients to locate and perform their most common tasks. We will roll this out on a limited basis initially and plan to expand to all clients within the coming weeks. Clients will be notified upon sign in when this update has been introduced to them.

Based on client feedback and testing, we have replaced the "Recruit" and "Manage My Team" tabs with new tabs that are organized around two primary areas:

• Jobs - The Jobs tab lets clients:
      • post a job
      • view and update your open job posts, pending offers, and contracts all in one place

• Freelancers - The Freelancers tab lets clients:

• search freelancers
      • view and message freelancers you’ve worked with
      • view the work diary of your freelancers
Md. Lutfor R Member Since: Feb 21, 2015
2 of 10

Very good.

"Don't think or judge, just listen" - Sarah Dessen
Anayat Ur R Member Since: Oct 16, 2011
3 of 10

Leave the new thing please make sure the old tab is functional properly. Here we are waiting for apply and the job tab is not working.

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.
Ian M Member Since: Mar 3, 2015
4 of 10
Freelancer tab is a definite step backwards. I used to be able to see at a glance which freelancers are working, or when they last worked. Now I have to drill down into each freelancer to find when they worked.

What a pain.

I'm paying you for this service! Please stop consciously making it more difficult to get my job done!
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 10

Thank you for your feedback, Ian.

You should still be able to see which freelancer is loging time currently and when they last worked by going to your Jobs tab and scrolling a bit down to see your Contracts. I hope this information helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
6 of 10
  • Jobs - The Jobs tab lets clients:
      • post a job
      • view and update your open job posts, pending offers, and contracts all in one place

But it no longer allows to switch teams, it was working fine before the changes, now the drop-down menu above open jobs is not working.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 10

Hi Natasha,

I have checked and your issue is currently being worked on by the Engineering Team. Sorry about the inconvenience caused by this issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
8 of 10

When will they fix it?  Smiley Sad

Rachel T Member Since: Sep 8, 2015
9 of 10

I much prefer the old layout which you could easily and clearly navigate. Now there are alternate pages on which to post messages and it's difficult to find where to go to find your freelancer and then to see all the messages.

Very frustrating. I can't find the rhythym to the site.

Angelo G Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
10 of 10

I agree completely.

Navigating UpWork is a nighmare. Why is there no dashboard where all of the most used items are? Am I missing something?

I miss oDesk very much. At leaset i knew how to get to the info I needed.