cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New pricing rollout dates announced

Darren F Member Since: May 25, 2016
11 of 47

This is ridiculous.. the only people that may continue is big jobs.. small contractors like me can not  afford the price hike....ill be finishing the contracts i have going at the moment and wont be back......upwork is just getting greedy... its not as if they are not making money from peolpe... they will loose people putting jobs up if they charge 

the way it is set out.. i have always recommended elance and now upwork... but not anymore..!!!

Uzzal H Member Since: May 25, 2016
12 of 47

This is bad. Really bad. Upwork just try to stop small and medium freelancer. Most of individual freelancer doing small job with client. This the plan what just make more comfortable only Company. If upwork plan to stop small and individual freelancer, just published a message " We are Only for Company not for you " . Really team upwork think again please.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
13 of 47

I am happy to see that this change is not happening on the 1st of June as I originally thought.

But seriously, though, how can you still be pushing ahead with a 100% fee increase given the stability of your site? Yesterday's "downtime" was a real joke!!

At this moment I have no choice but to continue with Upwork, but can you at least meet us halfway by providing a decent service?

Slavco S Member Since: Sep 12, 2011
14 of 47

A greedy move by Upwork. It hits every client and most freelancers.

Instead of the freelancers trying to get better pricing now we will have to compensate

for the higher prices and the processing fee that all clients will have to pay.

Greedy! Greedy! Greedy!

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
15 of 47

Lena Garnor or someone please answer this question.

If I created a proposal under the old schedule (10% fee) and the client drags their heels and doesn't award the contract until after the new schedule is in effect will Upwork still honor the 10% fee that is currently shown on the proposal?

This is important to know, because I may need to revise some proposals.

Thanks!

Community Manager
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
16 of 47

Hi Cheryl,

Freelancer service fees are determined by the date the contract is created, not the date the proposal was submitted. If your proposals are accepted after June 21st the new fees will apply.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
17 of 47

Thanks for responding Lena!

Going forward it would be wise to figure in the new rates.

Asfihani A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
18 of 47

According to this post:

Will my active contracts be subject to these fees?

When the new pricing takes effect in June, we'll honor the previous Upwork 10% service fee or grandfathered Elance fee (for Elance clients that you begin working with on Upwork) for all active contracts.

Does this still aplly?

Community Manager
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
19 of 47

Ashfihani,

Yes, the new 20% service fee will only apply to new contracts, not ones that are currently active or paused. However, existing contracts are applicable for the fee reduction to 5% when they meet the $10k threshold.

-Lena

Untitled
Asfihani A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
20 of 47

Thank you Lena, unfortunately client still charged for 2.75% fee for existing contracts. My clients doesn't like this and unfortunately about to leave Upwork soon. It's very dissapointing to loose good clients.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS