Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New simplified page navigation

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 22

We’re changing our navigation menu to make it cleaner, simpler and hopefully easier to use.

Previously, when trying to access a subpage you had to first open the main page to see the sub-navigation menu. For example, to access Proposals, you first had to click on Find Work to see the Proposals page button (see image below).

onhovernav1.png

Coming soon, we’re introducing a “hover” treatment to the navigation options. Check out the image below for a sneak peek. With this change, moving your cursor over the Find Work, My Jobs, or Reports buttons (for freelancers), or the Jobs, Freelancers, and Reports buttons (for clients) will then surface the subpages through a drop-down menu displaying all of the page options.

onhovernav2.png

By allowing you to access the pages you want to view in one click, we hope to clarify the browsing experience and improve website navigation speed.

This is being introduced over the next week or so. Keep an eye out for this change and let us know if you have any questions!

Untitled
samuel-wilson
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
2 of 22

I've got to say I love the new navigation menu.
I much prefer it like this.
Is it me or there are some new features under reports?

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
3 of 22

Hi Samuel,

I'm glad you like the new navigation. To answer your question, there were no new features released under reports, perhaps now they're just easier to find. 

-Lena

Untitled
samuel-wilson
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
4 of 22

Thank Lena,

That's probably it. I'd never seen the lifetime billing by client, nor connects history. And I now saw it straight away. Keep up the good work (no pun intended). Smiley Happy  

chris_macartwork
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
5 of 22

Great to see you're implementing pull down menus - it will be a massive improvement in navigating the site.

Wish you had implemented this a lot sooner. It's the sort of improvement that has been very much needed since the Upwork Brand was launched.

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
6 of 22

Some good new feature as previously I had to navigate to the main page to be able to navigate to other pages but I was struggling to find my profile link and surprisingly discovered it under 'find work' which I think is not logical at all. It would be more logical to find it under my profile pic in the top right. The same for stats page.

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
7 of 22

This is a good change, yay! I can't wait for it to actually go live...

I have to agree with Giorgi that an easier link directly to my profile would be helpful - preferably in the pull down under my name in the top right, like most social media sites. Right now when I click on my name in that menu I get nothing, even though a box lights up around it and the cursor is a hand shape that makes me think I'm clicking on a link. It makes no sense for the profile to be under "Find Work."

p_blondbueno
Community Leader
Patricia B Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
8 of 22

Thank you. It's much better Smiley Happy 

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 22

I finally got the new navigation, and it's great, much better!

But it's been replaced by an announcement banner treating me like a new client and giving me links to newbie client articles:

New to upwork.PNG

Not sure if that's intended? I definitely don't need these links Smiley Happy

saifprovider
Ace Contributor
Saif Ur R Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
10 of 22

Hi,

I found ERROR BUG using on "New simplified page navigation" menu below is captured video, so it should fix?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq2frw5dk0k5j6z/menu-bug.mov?dl=0

~ Saif

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS