Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New simplified page navigation

saifprovider
Ace Contributor
Saif Ur R Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
11 of 22

Hi,

I found ERROR BUG using on "New simplified page navigation" menu below is captured video, so it should fix?

Goto on freelancer search page > click on any freelancer profile page navgite > page back on freelancer search page > you will see & find  "New simplified page navigation menu" over lapping bug issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq2frw5dk0k5j6z/menu-bug.mov?dl=0

~ Saif

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 22

Hi Saif UR,

I followed the steps you described but couldn't replicate the issue. One drop-down menu disappears as I hover over another one. Do you see this behavior in any browser? What OS are you using?

~ Valeria
Upwork
saifprovider
Ace Contributor
13 of 22

Dear Valeria,

I have using "Mac OS Sierra browser in Safari", drop-down menu disappears & overlapping that notice many time even i can show you via on screen sharing something using Skype, Teamviewer or other.

~ Saif

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 22

Hi Saif Ur,

Could you please pm me a couple of screenshots of the drop-down menu behaviour you mentioned?

Untitled
saifprovider
Ace Contributor
15 of 22

Dear Vladimir,

Please have a look attached links.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks
~ Saif

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 22

Hi Saif,

Thanks for providing the screenshots and video of the odd drop-down menu behaviour, I'll follow up with the team and share your report.

Untitled
janetbutler
Janet W B Member Since: Jul 19, 2008
17 of 22

I HATE the new drop-down menus.

I'm safe to leave alone at a keyboard. I can navigate among choices along the top menu bar just fine.

Now, I can't even go to the PAGE (messages, jobs, reports, etc.) without first going to the dropdown menu and selecting the specific aspect of the page I want to see.

What a pain.

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority here, apparently. But I was perfectly happy, and it actually felt EASIER to navigate between individual page elements, before.

Janet W. Butler

jakob_fuchs
Jakob F Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
18 of 22

I agree with Janet. Clicking on 'Find Work' in the main navigation bar should take you to the 'Find Work' page, clicking on 'Reports' should take you to the 'Overview' Page etc.

If you'd run a user test on this you'd probably see that > 50% of people will try clicking the main navigation items. 

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
19 of 22

Jakob and Janet raise a good point, and I agree. I'm constantly trying to click on the top-level menu and the only one that actually does anything is "Messages" which is confusing and inconsistent. Clicking on the top-level menu should take you to the first item in that menu (which should also be the most important item).

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
20 of 22

@Jennifer D wrote:

Jakob and Janet raise a good point, and I agree. I'm constantly trying to click on the top-level menu and the only one that actually does anything is "Messages" which is confusing and inconsistent. Clicking on the top-level menu should take you to the first item in that menu (which should also be the most important item).

I've been doing that all the time as well. I'm starting to remember to use the drop-down menu but I still forget a lot and just start clicking on my jobs before I realize that nothing is happening and I need to use the drop-down menu.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS