Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Expert-Vetted Badge

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
441 of 463

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for your question. The Expert-Vetted program is currently by invitation only in select skill categories. We are inviting freelancers to be vetted based on their skills and reputation and also on the demand for their skills in our marketplace. Right now we are slowly rolling out this option but plan to gradually increase the number of freelancers we vet. The best way to get invited in the future is to create a complete profile, stay active on Upwork, and maintain a great reputation among your clients. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Piush P Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
442 of 463

First of all I would like to say a big thanks to Upwork, because they are continue trying to make its better system for both clients and freelancers. However, today I was thinking about one very important topic in contrast of assigning badges and its core benefits. I mean, there should be improvement in TOP RATED PLUS criteria. For example: under the category of “Web, Mobile & Software Dev”, the term large contract will consider if or if its threshold criteria will exact on $15000 (for individual) and $30000 (for agency). Now a days, the scope of under this category (web, mobile and software) is on top (as compare to all other categories), so the competition is also too high under this category where client want to make the product under $5k (I have got lot of requests to make PubG type game clone only for $5k). So its almost impossible to achieve $15000 job as an individual (I am not saying for an agency because they has the team caliber to show strength for $30k project) for mobile app/game projects within 12 months. I have been working on upwork since 2011 but could not get any single job with $15k budget.

Conclusion: I have been working on Upwork since 2011 when it was oDesk (I did not migrate from E-Lance), and purely working for game development from my first day. So you can say I am master in this category with 9+ years of experience only from upwork and overall I have 12+ years of work experience in same area, even I could not get any of single job/project with the budget of $15k. Means I am not a Top 1% candidate as per upwork’s current system??? I am sure there will be few more high experienced freelancers like me, but they are struggling for getting high budget job because they had outed from current system. So, to save highly experienced freelancers career, today I am just trying to explore reality. I hope Upwork will understand my point and take the strong step immediately.

SUGGESTIONS: For the “Top Rated Plus” category, the long contract criteria should be reduced from $15k to $10k for individual freelancer, and from $30k to $25k for agencies. But if or if they has below specific terms:

A) For Individual freelancer
———————————————
√ Upwork experience 7+ years (E-lance experience should not be consider)
√ Upwork overall earning more than to $75k (E-lance earning should not be consider)

B) For Agency
—————————
√ Upwork experience 10 or more years (E-lance experience should not be consider)
√ Upwork overall earning more than to $500k (E-lance earning should not be consider)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
443 of 463

Piush P wrote:

SUGGESTIONS: For the “Top Rated Plus” category, the long contract criteria should be reduced from $15k to $10k for individual freelancer, and from $30k to $25k for agencies. But if or if they has below specific terms:

Funny how people always want to convince Upwork to change their policies in such a way that by complete coincidence just happens to benefit THEM... Extra points for suggesting extra criteria that serve as a disadvantage for their competitors....

Highlighted
Community Leader
444 of 463

Petra R wrote:

Funny how people always want to convince Upwork to change their policies in such a way that by complete coincidence just happens to benefit THEM... Extra points for suggesting extra criteria that serve as a disadvantage for their competitors....

It’s not funny at all, because it’s just your assumption while the truth is I am not here for myself, I am here for those freelancers who are struggling since long time for a big budget job but they could not get the chance because they are not lucky like you guys but they has 2 times much skills and experience even they are suffering and you guys are making your way clean to avoid my points, because there could be minimal competition.

On the other side, I was talking about the specific category (web, mobile and software dev) because the criteria in that category was much higher than yours (3 times more). You can be happy because the standards in your category are quite good but it does not means that you will criticise like above (which is really looking funny).

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
445 of 463

Hi Piush,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestion, I will be sure to share this with our team. Please know that you can find more information about Top Rated Plus in this help article

Thank you, 

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
446 of 463

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Piush,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestion, I will be sure to share this with our team. Please know that you can find more information about Top Rated Plus in this help article

Thank you, 

Welcome Nicola,
I believe in Upwork that if my suggestions are valid they will keep my words as serious as they have done in the past.
Thanks with best regards,
Piush

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sayyed F Member Since: Nov 8, 2016
447 of 463

Today, I have achieved all the requirements/qualifications to get the Top Rated Plus badge.
When it will be shown on my profile? and should I wait for the next JSS update?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
448 of 463

Hi Sayyed,

Once you become eligible for the Top Rated Plus badge, please allow 48 to 72  hours for the badge to be added to your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Naseem S Member Since: Aug 4, 2017
449 of 463

Hello!

I have seen by chance that the "Top Rated Plus" badge is disappeared from my Upwork profile. However, I see it when I have been signed in!

To be clear, I see the "Top Rated Plus" badge at my profile from my side, but when I visit my profile without sign in I just see the "Top Rated" badge NOT the "Top Rated Plus" badge! 

Does that make sense? I need your help to solve the issue Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance,

Naseem 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Michael S Member Since: Oct 17, 2019
450 of 463

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS