Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
501 of 522

Hi Thain,

Thank you for providing this feedback. Expert-Vetted freelancers have access to top-paying clients on Upwork, including 30% of the Fortune 500. This badge could only be seen by clients with an Enterprise or Business plan on Upwork.

Benefits of this status are:

• An Expert-Vetted badge on your profile to help you more easily stand out and find quality work with top clients on Upwork’s Enterprise and Business plans. All other clients will see your Rising Talent, Top Rated, or Top Rated Plus badge if you have one.
  • Priority access to work with clients on Upwork’s Enterprise and Business plans
  • A personal relationship with an Upwork Talent Manager who helps match you to opportunities aligned with your goals

Our team is hard at work to further enhance the Expert-Vetted experience, so expect more exciting updates on the horizon including opportunities to engage with this exclusive community of professionals like you and other ways to more easily access high-value work.

~ Bojan
Untitled
pierremailsoar
Pierre P Member Since: May 31, 2019
502 of 522

Hello,

I was just wondering what were the thresholds to be considered for the expert vetted program. 

I've joined shy from a year ago and made over $100K, became Top-Rated "Plus", and I have several ongoing contracts work north of $15K. I'm just wondering at what point do I have a chance to qualify for the expert vetted? How about if UpWork simply doesn't have an expert in my field? (email deliverability)

kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
503 of 522
You're asking my problem, Pierre!

I love your profile, you're totally crushing it over here! Brilliant work!

Just asking, why do you care? A true expert, as you've correctly noticed, sits alone on top of the food chain and does what he/she wants. Works only for those worthy of the expertise. And never any less.

You don't go and start testing Wayne Gretzky's precision of passing or hockey instincts. You just watch that guy go and let him... go. 🤪

The same thing here. And BTW everywhere else in global business. Don't care. Do your thing. Own your niche. Work for the best types of clients only.

If your clients appreciate you but the platform doesn't even understand what it really is that you do, why care? 🤣
pierremailsoar
Pierre P Member Since: May 31, 2019
504 of 522

Thank you for the kind words, Mikko,

I care because I felt like getting this badge was going to allow me to work for bigger companies, better opportunity, and simply recognize that I'm really good at what I'm doing.

It's really not a matter of ego, but I just figured if this distinction existed there was a reason behind a nice shiny badge. But overall, you are right and correct, my behavior is to do good work and get good reviews, but I'm still interested in understanding what the difference in exposure and opportunities could be.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
505 of 522

Hi Pierre,

We are inviting freelancers to be vetted based on their skills and reputation and also on the demand for their skills in our marketplace. Right now we are slowly rolling out this option but plan to gradually increase the number of freelancers we vet. The best way to get invited in the future is to create a complete profile, stay active on Upwork, and maintain a great reputation among your clients. We are initially prioritizing freelancers who have already been successful on Upwork (as indicated by Top Rated status and contract history) but will also expand to newer freelancers in the coming months.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
kristenselim
Kristen S Member Since: Jul 10, 2020
506 of 522
Hello,

My name is Kristen ,
and I signed up for Upwork a year ago. I’m ashamed to say I am not sure how
a d where to start.
I know there are videos to help and it seems to be pretty easy However;
I need help and speak to someone to get me going. Is there any one I can
speak to?

Sincerely ,
Kristen
rainmaker1145
Clinton L Member Since: Mar 3, 2021
507 of 522

Currently, Upwork help section states the following for the availibility of expert-vetting:

Expert-Vetted is available for Web, Mobile, Software Development; Design & Creative; and Sales & Marketing freelancers and agencies.

When will this be available for other groups (more specifically Accounting and Consulting) within Upwork?

exinox
Ace Contributor
Gautam C Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
508 of 522

Hello Upwork,

I got 10k earning and past 12 month and I am a Top Rated Freelancer but did not get Top Rated Badge yet.

Can you please advise and fix this?

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
509 of 522

Gautam C wrote:

I got 10k earning and past 12 month and I am a Top Rated Freelancer but did not get Top Rated Badge yet.

You do not qualify for top rated plus because you do not have one contract that qualifies. Your overall earnings don't count.

exinox
Ace Contributor
Gautam C Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
510 of 522

Thank you for your response.

It means one must has 10k earning?

Please confirm.

Thanks.