Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
541 of 559

Shweta S wrote:

Hi all,

I am on my way to Top Rated. I was wondering if there is any advantage in being Top rated plus Vs just Top rated? 

Just debating if it is worth getting stuck in one job for a long time to get the plus badge or keep working on short gigs which are more fun.

It looks like top-rated and top-rated plus have the same benefits. Moreover, free clients (majority of the jobs) don't see any difference in the badge either.

Anyone with top-rated plus - did it feel worth it? Why?

I've found that I'm getting significantly more invitations since I got the top-rated plus badge, so I'm quite happy to do longer projects in order to hang onto it. (It's not a problem for me, since I prefer them anyway. Short projects consume a lot of my initial time and energy just to get off the ground, plus the time spent having to find new projects more frequently.)

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
542 of 559

Hi Shweta,

Top Rated Plus is a new variation of Top Rated status. It’s especially for freelancers who not only have a history of delivering great work to their clients on Upwork, but have also taken on larger projects. Clients have told us that they  have a difficult time finding talent that are both interested in larger projects and also have a track record of working on them on Upwork. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
herman_tk
Herman T Member Since: May 15, 2019
543 of 559

Hello. 

I encountered the following problem. 

I have a design contract that passed the threshold of $5000 this Monday. According to the Terms, it has to be classified as a large contract. Unfortunately, when the client created the contract they marked it as “Web, Mobile and Software Development”, and the threshold for that category is much higher. But this is not a development contract, and I am not a developer. I am a designer, and this is a purely design contract. 

I referred to the support, and they said they are not going to do anything, and they cannot help me. 

The contract is defined by the type of work that is done, not by some checkbox deep within the settings. The client did not even pay much attention to it. 

Is there anything that can be done about it? 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
544 of 559

Hi Herman,

I’m sorry to hear you're having this problem. Let's see if there is anything we can do to help the situation. Please follow up on your open support ticket and our team will continue to assist you directly.

Untitled
cgutomachado
Carlos M Member Since: Nov 9, 2019
545 of 559

Hello Upworkers! I'd like to clarify something that has been going... 

I am currently working towards becoming top rated plus (currently at Top-Rated Status). 

My question is simple, although I am a bit confused. 

In order to become a top rated plus, I should have made 10.000 within the last 12 months, or do I have to have made 10k and participated in a large contract as well? Can I become a top rated plus solely by having earned 10k from different clients, or I need to have both made 10k and have a large contract?

I have made 7000 within the last 12 months but ended the contract, and am wondering whether all I need now is more 3000 (from a new client), or a new project that is going to earn me a large-contract of 10000+ dollars.

I hope I have made my doubt clear enough

djondinium
Community Manager
546 of 559

Hi Carlos,

The criteria for becoming Top Rated Plus is:

• Total earnings over $10,000 in the past 12 months
  • Worked or working on one or more large* contracts in the past 12 months without negative outcomes.
    • You must earn funds on your large contract within the past 12 months for it to remain qualified. Otherwise, it does not qualify for Top Rated Plus.
  • Maintained Top Rated status

Every condition needs to be met in order to receive the badge. I suggest checking this help article for more information. You can also go to Find Work > My Stats and check the 'Do you qualify for Top Rated Plus?' section to see whether you're meeting all the requirements or not.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
elle-jh
Lezli H Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
547 of 559

(oops!  I seem to have put this in the wrong place but can see no way to delete it. I'm copying this to the right place. Perhaps a mod could delete this for me? Thanks!)

I'm bidding on a job outside of the Upwork platform but wanted to point out my history and rating here,

Whenever I link someone to information from any platform, I always test out what the recipient will see, assuming they can't log in. So I've just discovered that when I access my Upwork profile when not logged in, I only see the top rated badge, not the top rated plus.

Is this by accident or by design? If by accident, can it be fixed?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
548 of 559

Lezli H wrote:

So I've just discovered that when I access my Upwork profile when not logged in, I only see the top rated badge, not the top rated plus.

Is this by accident or by design?

By design.

In fact, most clients don't see the Top Rated Plus badge even when they are logged in either.

nikolas79
Nicolas N Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
549 of 559

djondinium
Community Manager
550 of 559

Hi Lezli,

Petra is correct, it's by design that only Business, Enterprise, and some Plus clients are able to see the Top Rated Plus badge. Visitors can't view the badge.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork