cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

Akpobome A Member Since: Jan 4, 2020
31 of 483

I share your concern. I don't have a job success score anymore because it's been over a year since I completed a contract. This is in spite of the fact that I've worked for almost two years with a single client.

Each time I contact Upwork support, I'm told that I have to end my contract before it reflects in my job success score. My contract is long-term; I've held on to it for over two years and an end is not in sight.

One would hope that Upwork would take such long durations as proof that freelancers are doing something right, correct? I hope that this gets looked into. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
32 of 483

Hi Akpobome,

Congrats on fostering such a long and successful working relationship with your client! I do see you meet the large contract requirement and have passed the required threshold on that contract. Once you meet the 12-month total earnings requirement you should receive an email notification informing you about becoming Top Rated Plus. 

Akpobome A Member Since: Jan 4, 2020
33 of 483

Hi, Vladimir.
As a follow up to your message, I'd like to point out that I'm still waiting on the email. Have you any information about that?
Thanks for your time!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 483

Akpobome A wrote:

As a follow up to your message, I'd like to point out that I'm still waiting on the email. Have you any information about that?

You don't qualify for the badges because you have to be top rated to qualify for top rated plus and to be top rated you need a JSS and 13+ eligible weeks and for a JSS you need a minimum number of completed jobs in the previous 24 months.

Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
35 of 483

Hi Akpobome,

I would like to confirm that Petra is correct. Top Rated Plus freelancers have earned Top Rated status on Upwork and also have met the following criteria:

• Earned more than $10,000 in total earnings (all contracts included) the past 12 months
  • Worked on one of more large* projects in the past 12 months without negative feedback
  • Are not an exclusive agency contractor
  • Maintained Top Rated status

You can find more information in this help article. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Alessandro S Member Since: Jan 27, 2010
36 of 483

So, easy question. In the translation field, the sum for a large contract is $5,000. I recently crossed the $5,000-mark on one contract, yet in the my stats page I get that I have no large contracts. Perhaps the $5,000 are referred to earnings, and not to actual billed money (that is, "net" $5,000 vs "gross" $5,000)?

Thank you

Community Guru
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
37 of 483

Stats don't update in real time, you'll have to wait for it to refresh but it will catch up eventually.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
38 of 483

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community. I checked and while you indeed passed the $5,000 mark with your client, that amount was earned across three different contracts. At the moment, in order to qualify for the Top Rated Plus badge, the threshold amount needs to be earned via a single contract. Don't get discouraged as you're doing a great job and I expect you'll meet this specific requirement soon.

Congrats on providing great work and experience to your clients!

Brad A Member Since: Nov 24, 2016
39 of 483

I have to wonder if the product team really think these things through. This seems like another gimmick that just obfuscates the value of the original set of badges. DId anyone think to mention that these Top-Rated Plus changes will actually penalize long-standing Top-Rated consultants?

Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
40 of 483

>$15,000: Web, Mobile & Software Dev

I rarely get to 10k for the 5% fee :/

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS