Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
461 of 487

Eugen V wrote:

A Top Rated Plus badge on your profile that displays to clients on a paid Upwork plan (Enterprise, Business, and some Plus clients)

I'd like to show my badge on linkedin page, but I cannot

I work in gamedev sphere, there are no enterprise clients here. 99% clients have unpaid plan so they will never see this badge (it is displayed as blue top rated one). There are no significant advantages (reduced fees, etc). If this badge become visible to all clients I can set my hourly charge higher and pay much money to upwork, I'd like to do it, but I cannot.

Interprise clients are very rare. But this badge is not ultimate criteria to hire. All applicants will get interviewed first and their portfolio will be reviewed by talent manager. There is no matter has freelancer this badge or not.

It would be grateful if this badge would be visible to all users (unregistered users too)

I agree. Most of my clients are first timers on Upwork so will never see a Top Rated Plus badge. I already have a pretty sturdy hourly rate and looking to increase it once again. I think Upwork is missing an opportunity here. My clients are highly unlikely to be Enterprise or Business clients, but my projects tend to be greater than $2000. 

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
462 of 487

If my memory serves me right, and this would not be the first time it's failed me, the intention is for the badge to be shown to all clients eventually. 

Quite why they are waiting is an answer that may be lurking deep in the realms of the Upwork dev department. 

Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
463 of 487

Ah, intentions, intentions... Smiley Happy

While reading about new badges, it was specifically said the badge will be visible to only certain clients. I've never worked for Enterprise clients, and I usually don't work with Plus clients as well so I find the badge essentially useless as well.

I mean why normal clients can't see the badge? It makes no sense. I had very cheap 'plus' clients, and 'normal' clients regularly spend thousands without any issues. So if normal clients are 99% of clients, and many will spend serious money on freelancers, why can't THEY see the badges? Obviously they could benefit from it. Sadly, right now there is no benefit for anybody.

@Upwork what is the point here, really?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
464 of 487

Hi Eugen and others,

Thanks for raising this question, your points are valid and I'll share your feedback with our team. Regarding the visibility aspect and our plans for the badge and how it's displayed, currently Plus, Business and Enterprise clients can see your Top Rated Plus badge. We eventually plan to roll it out to all Basic clients too.

I'm moving this thread and merging it with the announcement discussing new Top Rated Plus and Expert-Vetted badges.

Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
465 of 487

Vladimir G wrote:

We eventually plan to roll it out to all Basic clients too.

That would be great, as currently neither us, or majority of clients, have any benefits.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Saroj S Member Since: Jan 24, 2018
466 of 487

So true. That top-rated plus badge is not any game-changer. 

Upwork might be thinking that they could get extra bucks from a handful of clients. But, you guys need to think from another way around as well. For example, if I am working at $15/hr if it is visible I could raise it to $20 this means upwork could increase $1/hr. This is just an example but this would benefit both the upwork and freelancer. Also, all those small business owner clients would be happy too that they could find the top-rated plus as well. 

Muhammad U Member Since: Feb 12, 2016
467 of 487

Hi everyone,

I'm just confused on the term "large contract". Will multiple small fixed price projects with same client or multiple hourly projects with same client or a mix of both with same client will count towards large contract? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards

usman

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
468 of 487

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for this question. What is considered a large project can vary depending on skill category. For example, in certain categories, a large job might be one with earnings of $5,000 but in others it might be a $20,000 or $30,000 contract. You can check this help article for more information.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Leader
Giacomo U Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
469 of 487

Hello everyone! These days I was wondering if for the other freelancers having received the new badges (expert vetted and freelancer plus) could have changed something or increased the request for work. I received the top rated plus a few months ago but I haven't noticed any important changes.

Ace Contributor
Ashraf K Member Since: Oct 15, 2019
470 of 487

Hello! 

So I landed a job that seems to have long term potential and can possibly help me get to the Top Rated Plus badge.

But here's my confusion: 

What qualifies a large project?

Is it crossing USD 10K threshold with one single client?

Is it crossing 10K threshold on a single project? 

Is it crossing 10K with the same client in the same job category? 

So the same client rehired me on a new project, so the option for having a single running contract is out for now, but if that is required I can request clients in future to continue the same project with more milestones. 

But if the qualifying criteria are to earn USD 10K from the same client within the same category I have a question for Upwork team. The new project posted by my client is in a different category earlier I was hired under Data Analysis category now in the new project it shows "Database" I requested the client to see if he can change the category but there is no option...

How can he change the category? More importantly, is it required that we cross the threshold amount with in the same category? 

Just a little forward planning, because one does not land such projects, with long term potential, daily. And I am thinking of making use of the opportunity while I can. 

Kindly help.