Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
June H Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
41 of 339

Is the badging process for existing qualifying freelancers complete?  I believe I qualify but don't see the badge.  

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
42 of 339

Hi June,

Thanks for your question. To be qualified for Top Rated Plus status, you must have earned a set amount (based on the category of work) on a single contract in the past 12 months. Learn more here.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
June H Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
43 of 339

Vladimir,  I have earned over $15K with a client - 3 closed contracts and 1 still open and active since April 2018. I can provide the contract IDs but I'm sure you can find them as well.

Highlighted
Mark louise S Member Since: Jul 21, 2020
44 of 339

Hi i have been asking for anyone to help me coz i came across account that have 7 usd but have rising talent badge and i have been with you for more than 4 yrs and have earned more than 50k on a client with a 5 star rating. I have been patiently waiting for any response from you guys but... nobody is answering me. This is frustrating!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
45 of 339

Hi Mark Louise,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
46 of 339

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jessica and others,

Top Rated Plus is only an indicator that a freelancer worked on a successful large contract and had earnings of at least $10,000 in the past year on Upwork. Clients have told us that they have a difficult time finding talent that are both interested in larger, more complex projects and also have a track record of completing them successfully on Upwork.

It does not mean, however, that these freelancers are better or have a higher Job Success Score. Plus, since we only expect about 3% of freelancers to earn this variation of Top Rated status we know the Top Rated badge will still set you apart as having a great reputation on Upwork.

Clients who come to Upwork to find freelancers willl see this as a badge with higher superiority than just "top rated". No one will know there is a project price you have to hit to earn it -  they will just think the freelancer does better work than top rated freelancers - they don't have the time to look this stuff up.  You guys need to learn how to think like a client.  There is a top rated badge and top rated PLUS badge which to me, if i didn't know better, would just mean the plus people are the VERY top tier - like the top 5%, 3% or even 1%.   This is not something I would ever think just relates to long term higher price contracts. The name doesn't insinuate that at all as it contains the "top rated" wording which just means the freelancer does exceptional work and maintains a 90% JSS. The plus version should not have the same name if all top rated freelancers can't earn it just because their jobs are only short term and simply can't be long term by design.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
47 of 339

Jessica S wrote:

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jessica and others,

Top Rated Plus is only an indicator that a freelancer worked on a successful large contract and had earnings of at least $10,000 in the past year on Upwork. Clients have told us that they have a difficult time finding talent that are both interested in larger, more complex projects and also have a track record of completing them successfully on Upwork.

It does not mean, however, that these freelancers are better or have a higher Job Success Score. Plus, since we only expect about 3% of freelancers to earn this variation of Top Rated status we know the Top Rated badge will still set you apart as having a great reputation on Upwork.

Clients who come to Upwork to find freelancers willl see this as a badge with higher superiority than just "top rated". No one will know there is a project price you have to hit to earn it -  they will just think the freelancer does better work than top rated freelancers - they don't have the time to look this stuff up.  You guys need to learn how to think like a client.  There is a top rated badge and top rated PLUS badge which to me, if i didn't know better, would just mean the plus people are the VERY top tier - like the top 5%, 3% or even 1%.   This is not something I would ever think just relates to long term higher price contracts. The name doesn't insinuate that at all as it contains the "top rated" wording which just means the freelancer does exceptional work and maintains a 90% JSS. The plus version should not have the same name if all top rated freelancers can't earn it just because their jobs are only short term and simply can't be long term by design.

Instead of picking the 'Top rated' concept and add it a 'Plus', wouldn't it be easier to have a whole new concept that would incorporate the need to make the distinction between freelancers in general and freelancers that actually have the chance to work on long-term projects?

It's clear for everyone that when you have two 'top rated' badges, the one carrying the 'Plus' will be considered superior.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
48 of 339

Valeria K wrote:

Clients have told us that they have a difficult time finding talent that are both interested in larger, more complex projects and also have a track record of completing them successfully on Upwork.

That surprises me, I personally much prefer long term jobs. I thought others would as well. 

Valeria, could you please let me know if I qualify. I think I do. I currently have an active contract that's paid 40k so far, plus another 20k on closed contracts with the same client (with perfect feedback). 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
49 of 339

Hi Jamie,

I can confirm you have the Top Rated Plus badge on your profile. You should receive an email notification confirming you received the badge soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
50 of 339

Thank you Vladimir. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS