cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
41 of 483

Upwork, if you are rolling out 'new' designations for FLers ... they should be applicable to ALL genres of work.  This does not appear to be the case as in the Expert-Vetted badge. 

Ergo, it is confusing for buyers as a start ....

Ace Contributor
Andres C Member Since: Jan 17, 2017
42 of 483

Hello, I received an invitation for the expert-vetted status last Sept 2020, but I couldn't finish it, the program was only for software and other creatives but not for architectural designers...

Any plans/roadmap to include us?

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
43 of 483

Hi Andres,

Thanks for your interest. The Expert-Vetted program is currently available only in select skill categories. However, we are planning to expand to more categories in the future. Once there is availability, we'll be notifying qualifying freelancers.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Sheik A Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
44 of 483

Hi All, 
I have gone through the discussions and still have the below questions:

> To be top-rated plus, a freelancer needs to perform a large* contract. For example, for me it is equivalent to 10,000 USD.

1st Question is: Does mean that I have to earn it from

-one job/project

-or, from one client

-or, irrespective to job/client, just in my category 10,000 USD.

2nd question is: If a freelancer is yet to be Top Rated but have achieved 10,000 USD, in that case would be directly be promoted to Top rated plus after 16 weeks?

Thanks in advance for response.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
45 of 483

Hi Sheik,

Once you meet all the requirements, you can expect the badge to start showing on your profile within 72 hours. What is considered a large project can vary depending on the skill category. For example, in certain categories, a large job might be one with earnings of $5,000 but in others, it might be a $20,000 or $30,000 contract. To be eligible for a Top Rated Plus badge you must earn a certain amount on one contract.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Sheik A Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
46 of 483
If I have 2 contract but with the same client- to meet the required earning
in my category, would that be considered as large contract?
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
47 of 483

Hi Sheik,

The criteria for a “large contract” is specific to the contract category, not the client you are working with. So even if it's with the same client, those contracts would have to individually meet or exceed the required earnings to meet the criteria. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
48 of 483
This is silly. Moar Candy Crush stickers.

If I can line up three in a row do I get a power-up to be ungrounded from my phone privileges?
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
49 of 483

Ah well... another intiaitive that doesn't apply to all.  I will likely never do a job that costs $5,000 because, as a resume/LinkedIn content writer, no one job could ever cost that much. And by design, it is usually never long-term as it's mostly all one-off, short-term jobs. Yet, I have earned well over $100k on here and have been top rated since the end of 2015.  

Thanks anyway. *sigh*

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
50 of 483

Hi Jessica and others,

Top Rated Plus is only an indicator that a freelancer worked on a successful large contract and had earnings of at least $10,000 in the past year on Upwork. Clients have told us that they have a difficult time finding talent that are both interested in larger, more complex projects and also have a track record of completing them successfully on Upwork.

It does not mean, however, that these freelancers are better or have a higher Job Success Score. Plus, since we only expect about 3% of freelancers to earn this variation of Top Rated status we know the Top Rated badge will still set you apart as having a great reputation on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS