Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

New talent badges are now available!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
61 of 339

Steven E. L wrote:

What does the badge for health insurance look like?

 

I'd like to sign up since we're transitioning from a freelance platform to a full-time staffing agency.


Also, do we get Dental?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
62 of 339

Steven E. L wrote:

What does the badge for health insurance look like?

 

I'd like to sign up since we're transitioning from a freelance platform to a full-time staffing agency.


Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

 

Ugh, so many questions and annoyances about the way this is set up. One that's particular to me: I've had positive feedback from one client on multiple projects in the past 12 months. Collectively, these contracts from him have passed the $5K threshold for my category. But I won't qualify because the client set up a new contract for each task/project, instead of letting one contract accumulate over $5K (which is fine by me). But just for that I'm excluded from this??

 

Obviously I wouldn't care about having another gimmicky-looking badge on my profile if it weren't for the fact that not having these silly icons makes us lose out on potential work!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
63 of 339

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

I've had positive feedback from one client on multiple projects in the past 12 months. Collectively, these contracts from him have passed the $5K threshold for my category. But I won't qualify because the client set up a new contract for each task/project, instead of letting one contract accumulate over $5K (which is fine by me). But just for that I'm excluded from this??

 


I'm in the same boat; in fact, one was an Enterprise client and Upwork emailed us both and said that we HAD to start a new contract because our "current contract is coming to an end", otherwise I'd be over $5,000 with that client now.

 

But Isabelle, Valeria says above that you DO qualify for the badge. Valeria, could you please explain? Is the $5,000 threshold (I'm in the design category) per project, or per client?

Highlighted
Moderator
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
64 of 339

Hi Christine,

 

I'm checking with the team to confirm the answer to the question you raised. In the meantime, I checked your reports and would like to ask you to send me a private message with more information about the client you believe you passed the 5K threshold with. Based on the information I'm looking at you, unfortunately, don't meet all the Top Rated Plus badge requirements.

Highlighted
Active Member
Pankaj Singh R Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
65 of 339

Hi Vladimir, This is a really nice addition to the platform. This will help freelancers to stand out in the pool of freelancers. Just curious to know if I'm eligible for the Top Rated Plus badge?

 

Thanks in advance,

Pankaj

Highlighted
Moderator
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
66 of 339

Hi Pankaj,

 

Yes, you do have the Top Rated Plus badge on your profile.

Highlighted
Active Member
Pankaj Singh R Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
67 of 339

Thanks Vladimir! When can I see the badge and when will I receive an email from Upwork. 

Highlighted
Moderator
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
68 of 339

Hi Pankaj,

 

Yes, you'll receive an email notification about receiving the badge soon. 

Business and Enterprise clients, along with select Plus clients, will see your Top Rated Plus badge at first. However, we eventually plan to roll it out to all Plus clients too.

Highlighted
Active Member
Pankaj Singh R Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
69 of 339

Thank you very much! really excited about it...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
70 of 339

Christine A wrote:

 

But Isabelle, Valeria says above that you DO qualify for the badge. Valeria, could you please explain? Is the $5,000 threshold (I'm in the design category) per project, or per client?


Yes because like most of Upwork's new features, they make things up as they go along, so the rules will keep changing. (Not talking about the mods, who are just the messengers.)

 

So you probably qualify too. They have to clarify and update this in the original post.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS