Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
81 of 339

Hi Grace,

It sounds you're referring to the large project requirement and I'd like to clarify that the minimum for meeting this requirement is having worked on at least one large project in the past 12 months. You can find more information in this Help article and feel free to follow up here if you have any other questions or feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
82 of 339

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Grace,

It sounds you're referring to the large project requirement and I'd like to clarify that the minimum for meeting this requirement is having worked on at least one large project in the past 12 months. You can find more information in this Help article and feel free to follow up here if you have any other questions or feedback.

Which is it? "Worked on" as above, or completed as in the help article

The former would qualify me, the latter wouldn't (becaue my big contracts are ongoing)

Edited: Ignore me, I see Val has already confirmed that ongoing contracts count! COOL!

Highlighted
Grace M Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
83 of 339

Thanks much. Just for others to see easily, a large project is defined by a category-determined price point., and NOT length of time worked.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
84 of 339

Grace M wrote:

Thanks much. Just for others to see easily, a large project is defined by a category-determined price point., and NOT length of time worked.

Fair enough, but I still don't see why doing two projects for the same client - totalling more than $5k - should disqualify me, whereas if I'd just left the first contract open (which we're encouraged not to do), then I'd get the badge. :-( 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
85 of 339

I operate in Sales & Marketing (for my marketing research practice) where the eligibility threshold is $10k and in Writing where the threshold is $5k. But sometimes research clients peg their projects as Writing jobs because they need a survey written. How can I even tell which category(s) a job post was linked with? Especially if it's an invitation, I don't even pay attention to that, I just vet the opportunity.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
86 of 339

Hi Phyllis,

The category of a job posting shows on the posting right under its title. That category will determine what earnings amount would qualify the job as "large."

I understand that occasionally clients post their jobs in a category that doesn't correctly describe the job. We actually have separate initiatives to make that clearer on the clients' end, better educate them about various available categories and help them post their jobs in correct categories.

As for the other two questions you posted on this thread. Project value is based on the actual amount paid. Whether a job had positive outcome or not will depend on feedback provided on the job, both public and private. Unfortunately, we won't be able to share details about specifically what feedback qualifies as positive. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
87 of 339

Thanks, Valeria. I'm trying to figure out whether a particular contract that just closed will qualify me for TR+. Is there a way to view the original job post now?  The title of the job was "Researchers and Writers Needed...". If it was categorized as research, that comes under Sales & Mktg where the threshold is $10k and this job won't put me over. But if it was categorized as Writing where the threshold is $5k then this project was large enough. As you can imagine, I'm very interested to know whether or not I'm eligible for this new badge.

Highlighted
Community Guru
88 of 339

Phyllis G wrote:

Thanks, Valeria. I'm trying to figure out whether a particular contract that just closed will qualify me for TR+. Is there a way to view the original job post now?  The title of the job was "Researchers and Writers Needed...". If it was categorized as research, that comes under Sales & Mktg where the threshold is $10k and this job won't put me over. But if it was categorized as Writing where the threshold is $5k then this project was large enough. As you can imagine, I'm very interested to know whether or not I'm eligible for this new badge.

I cannot edit my own post! If I could, I would add: Never mind, I figured out how to access the original job post. Now I am waiting for whatever needs to happen so the closed job with fb that shows up in my contracts list also displays in my profile. Assuming once that occurs, then it will be factored into my TR+ eligibility.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
89 of 339

I received an E-mail minutes ago informing me that I received this plus badge.

So all what I get is the new icon, and an access to premium and enterprise clients?, I would love to have an extra perk, like a bigger control over our JSS for example.

Thank You.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jo D Member Since: Jun 14, 2017
90 of 339

Any chance of another perk: Top Rated Plus freelancers to be exempt from the silly new 'no off-Upwork contact before a contract is in place' rule...?

It's pretty obvious that TR+ (and, arguably TR) Upworkers are not going to try to contract off-site. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS