cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talent badges are now available!

Pankaj Singh R Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
81 of 483

Hi Vladimir, This is a really nice addition to the platform. This will help freelancers to stand out in the pool of freelancers. Just curious to know if I'm eligible for the Top Rated Plus badge?

Thanks in advance,

Pankaj

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
82 of 483

Hi Pankaj,

Yes, you do have the Top Rated Plus badge on your profile.

83 of 483

Thanks Vladimir! When can I see the badge and when will I receive an email from Upwork. 

84 of 483

Hi Pankaj,

Yes, you'll receive an email notification about receiving the badge soon. 

Business and Enterprise clients, along with select Plus clients, will see your Top Rated Plus badge at first. However, we eventually plan to roll it out to all Plus clients too.

85 of 483

Thank you very much! really excited about it...

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
86 of 483

Christine A wrote:

But Isabelle, Valeria says above that you DO qualify for the badge. Valeria, could you please explain? Is the $5,000 threshold (I'm in the design category) per project, or per client?

Yes because like most of Upwork's new features, they make things up as they go along, so the rules will keep changing. (Not talking about the mods, who are just the messengers.)

So you probably qualify too. They have to clarify and update this in the original post.

Ace Contributor
Arsalan A Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
87 of 483

HI All, Thanks for this kind of approach regarding the top rated badges..I have completed jobs very frequent and now I want to be top rated badge. As my earchings were minimum 5K in the 12 months, in the field of Creative/ Animations. Can anyone see my profile and suggest me what should do to get this badge again? Also How can see my total earnings? Because the earnings is only show in k's Like 1k-10k- Is it show 15K ?? or 12K ? 

88 of 483

Hi Arsalan,

Thank you for your interest in becoming Top Rated/Top Rated Plus. Please check the requirements you need to meet in order to become Top Rated and Top Rated Plus. Note that you'll receive an email notification once you qualify and obtain either of these badges.

You can check your earnings by using Reports, more specifically Transaction History report for the select time frame.

Aaron C Member Since: Nov 20, 2016
89 of 483

I recently came across a new top rated plus badge for freelancers with high-value, long-term projects depending on their area of expertise. As a content editor, I rarely reach projects that are greater than $5K although my 12-month earnings is significantly higher than the $10K minimum. 

Is Upwork also considering a separate badge for high earners?

Upwork Staff
Iliana M Upwork Staff Member Since: Jan 30, 2018
90 of 483

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm one of the product managers working on solutions to support great talent like you on Upwork.

We selected the thresholds for each category based on the project values we see in the marketplace today. We believe that $5000 is a reasonable threshold for the Writing category.

Future improvements we are considering include:

1) Expand the threshold to include relationship value, not just contract value (ex: if the same client hires you multiple times)

2) Create the thresholds based on subcategories instead of categories (ex: UX/UI design projects tend to be larger than logo design projects so the thresholds would be different, instead of $5,000 for the whole Design & Creative category). 

What do you think of those ideas? Which do you think would apply best for someone like you?

Note that we do not currently have a time frame for these improvements. The earliest I would expect us to launch improvements of this type to Top Rated Plus would be in 2021. Our focus right now is making the new badges visible to talent (scheduled for later this summer), increasing the perks & benefits associated with the badges, and getting more people access to the pre-screening required to become Expert-Vetted.

We do not believe a badge for high earners would be valuable at this time. The reasons are:

- Too many badges create confusion for clients; we have to have the right balance between distinguishing high performers and creating noise

- Clients already have easy ways to find high earners by looking at the total earnings on the profile and using filters, and they actively use these

- Businesses seeking high performers value other signals more, like the size of the projects or the types of clients you worked for

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Iliana

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS