Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 224

*Update:

We concluded the test with allowing freelancers to submit proposals for some jobs for “free” and refunding Connects on randomly selected jobs that don’t hire and have gone dormant. Note that eligible jobs posted before the test ended will continue to issue Connects refunds as expected. Our team will analyze the data and valuable feedback we received. We do plan to continue testing different Connects options moving forward and will keep you posted. We’d like to thank you for your interest and the feedback you have provided.

------

Starting today, we are previewing a new process with Connects based on a considerable amount of feedback we have heard here in the forums about Connects. This includes refunding Connects on contracts that don’t hire and have gone dormant; along with allowing freelancers to submit proposals for some jobs for “free” (no Connects required) if the job has been posted for a while and hasn’t received any proposals.

We are testing out these experiences on different job posts in the marketplace that are chosen randomly as part of this test. So you may see these changes when submitting proposals to some jobs but not others. We are continuously looking at ways to improve your experience on Upwork and will be monitoring this test to see how these changes will affect how freelancers and clients use our marketplace.

Untitled
Highlighted
Geraldina S Member Since: Mar 2, 2020
2 of 224

I think is ok that. I decided to stop buying connects seen all the jobs where i used them were closed later. I really not linking too much new Upwork policies, other online job pages aren't as restricted as this one, is the only one that dont give you free conects each months.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
3 of 224

Just saw this. Please mods, don't create a ticket for me on this one.

new.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 224

Renante V wrote:

Just saw this. Please mods, don't create a ticket for me on this one.

new.png

That's interesting ... (and encouraging).

ETA: Just stumbled on this thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/New-test-to-refund-Connects-on-no-hire-contracts/m-p/7...

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 224

Hi Renante, 

I have merged your post to the master thread for more information about this test. You can refer to Lena's post on this thread for more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Edoardo N Member Since: May 2, 2011
6 of 224

well the point is that you will lose your connects if you don't get the job which is possible due to the nature of the "freelancer world", so this is not a real good thing in my opinion; i think it would be fair to be refunded if the freelancer doesn't get hired.

Highlighted
Noah E Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
7 of 224
And I also noticed that not all the jobs have the refund connect on them.

May be with time?
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
8 of 224

Hi Noah,

Not all job posts will be part of the test. Jobs that are included are randomly selected. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Sharon M Member Since: Nov 10, 2016
9 of 224

Would it be possible for Upwork to revise their Connects policy because I have applied to nearly 10 jobs that have all been closed or have expired. Those are connects I will never get back. Couldn't Upwok return connects if a client does not hire? Because we as freelancers are paying to apply for a job and we are giving a large cut of our earnings to Upwork. Could this please not be revised? Thank you.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 224

Hi Sharon,

Currently, we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

We're also testing this new feature of refunding Connects on contracts that don’t hire and have gone dormant. Also, we're allowing freelancers to submit proposals for some jobs for “free” (no Connects required) if the job has been posted for a while and hasn’t received any proposals.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS