Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
91 of 228

re: "I submitted a few proposals to jobs that stated my connects would be refunded if not hired."

The notice attached to these jobs lets people know that connects will be refunded to all freelancers who send proposals if nobody is hired.

You interpreted this to mean that your connects will be refunded if YOU are not hired. That is not the case. If somebody ELSE gets hired for the job, then your connects will not be refunded.

re: "I am unable to contact on Upwork about this issue."

There is no reason for you to contact Upwork about this.

If connects are going to be refunded, they will be refunded AUTOMATICALLY. You don't need to do anything for that to happen.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
92 of 228

I think  it means if no one is hired within 30 days - I believe  the job is up for 30 days (not sure about the exact time, so someone else can verify / correct that info)

Highlighted
Sabina S Member Since: Mar 8, 2020
93 of 228

Hello Bojan,

According to the job post that I am talking about; that post is neither closed nor hired anyone till 15 days. So what is the solution to this for those who invested their connects to get that job? 

Regards,

Sabina

Highlighted
Community Guru
Alexander N Member Since: Dec 28, 2008
94 of 228

Apparently it shows for clients with very low hire rate, that one had 16%. Makes full sense. Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
95 of 228

Alexander N wrote:

Apparently it shows for clients with very low hire rate, that one had 16%. Makes full sense. Thanks!

People with such low hiring rates should be banned from Upwork because it's crystal clear that they fish on Upwork and hire off-platform. Refunding connects in this case is the worst thing to do.

IDK why Upwork is not doing anything against these client profiles.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Ziyad Habib A Member Since: Mar 18, 2018
96 of 228

Well, honestly, thats a good news , only if it happens , wish it could happen sooner .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
97 of 228

Is 16% such a low rate that Upwork wants to kick a client off of the platform? What about 25%?

What about 10%?

I don't know what the right number is.

What if a client is posting a lot of jobs, and refining and those job posts and posting new jobs, hiring dozens of freelancers eventually, and not hiring anybody off platform? But their percentage is low?

What if a client's percent hire rate is 16%, but that client has spent over $80,000 on Upwork?

What if a client's percent hire rate is 22%, but that client has only spent $30 on Upwork?

Handling clients with a low hire rate is a separate matter from the question about refunding connects to freelancers when a client doesn't hire.

Regardless of what is done with clients who have low hire rates, Upwork should refund connects for every job that doesn't hire. After a certain period of time, a job with no hires should be considered inactive and it should automatically closed and all connects used to apply to that job should be refunded to the freelancers.

Highlighted
Ashkan A Member Since: Mar 18, 2018
98 of 228

This system is completely broken. I wasted a batch of 80 connects and applied to jobs mostly costing 6 connects without any return.

I get it, you want freelancers not to apply 50 jobs per day and spam it but If I am paying a price to apply for more jobs, you better protect my invested funds. It has been 20 days and none of the jobs that applied did hire anyone. They are just waiting, waiting and waiting, what?

There should be a time frame such as 2 weeks if the client does not finalize the contract, the connects should be refunded. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Patrice M Member Since: Feb 14, 2015
99 of 228

Thank you for the information on the test.

I would suggest another scenario in which Connects should be refunded: when the client changes the job posting to invite-only after receiving proposals from all freelancers. This particular situation has happened to me twice in the past month.

Thank you for your consideration.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chi T Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
100 of 228
Sorry, I can know your testing started and when will finish? Because I’m newcomer on this site and I paid money to buy some connects, however I just applied some jobs then they were closed and I didn’t receive any refunds.

Please support me about this.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS