cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

Highlighted
Baptiste H Member Since: Mar 19, 2020
201 of 205

For the jobs refunding connects, I noticed they are not refunding money if I am not hired. These jobs only refund money if no freelancer was hired.
In addition, the connects refund should be done for all jobs. Otherwise freelancers will only apply to jobs where there is a refund.
This can be a waste of money so please fix these 2 issues.

I also noticed another bad decision for the community, Upwork stopped giving free connects each month:
https://www.upwork.com/blog/2019/04/upwork-connects/
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-Connects/td-p/580451
This is a very bad decision that will make agencies and freelancers use other platforms like freelancer.com that allows free bids each month.
Only allowing a few connects each month would already limit the proposals freelancers will send since they have to choose the projects that fits the most their skills.
I am ok to pay a percentage fee if a platform like Upwork helped me to find a job but I definitely don't want to pay before finding a job.
Please change this decision also and go back to the previous system.

Highlighted
Lana A Member Since: Apr 12, 2020
202 of 205

This is exactly right! I have NEVER seen a platform where you have to PAY to get hired! This is ridiculous, and I don't see anything happening here for me. I've applied to two jobs so far, used almost all of my free connects, and even though I know I am the perfect candidate for those jobs, I was never contacted.

It's also really stupid that you can't ask the client any questions prior to submitting a proposal - I don't see any contact button! But so often their jobs are not clear and leave so much room to question. 

I don't see this platform being freelancer friendly in any way. Sad really.

Highlighted
Konstantinos T Member Since: May 21, 2020
203 of 205

The jobs advertised I've sent proposals to have not made a hire. I would appreciate if you chased the "clients" to close the job so my connects get released. Thank you

Highlighted
Vitthal K Member Since: May 19, 2020
204 of 205

I had applied for 7 jobs and all the job status is now closed yet I haven't been refunded my connects back even when the jobs are closed. Also to mention each job did have the option of getting back the connections if not hired.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
205 of 205

Hi Vitthal,

If you see that message on the job posting, that means connects will be refunded if that job expires with no hires. If they have already hired somebody through the job posting, that'll be reflected in the Activity on this job section like this. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS