Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ahmet S Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
211 of 224

Why Upwork removed that option? A lot of my connects are wasted. Client open job doesn't even care to interview anyone let alone hire somebody.  

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
212 of 224

Hi all,

We concluded the test with allowing freelancers to submit proposals for some jobs for “free” and refunding Connects on randomly selected jobs that don’t hire and have gone dormant. Note that eligible jobs posted before the test ended will continue to issue Connects refunds as expected. Our team will analyze the data and valuable feedback we received. We do plan to continue testing different Connects options moving forward and will keep you posted. We’d like to thank you for your interest and the feedback you have provided.

Highlighted
Alexey B Member Since: Sep 20, 2018
213 of 224

You came up with paying money for applying for freelancers, but you don't have any regulatory mechanism for employers.

Now you have removed the refund.

Do you think this is normal?

P.S. I want to know your opinion on the following question.
Do you really think that it’s normal to conduct various tests for my money? And if the testing is not successful, will you return the money I spent? How are you going to answer to your clients for your failures in testing?

Highlighted
Demi I Member Since: May 18, 2020
214 of 224

Agree with Alexey. Please return the connects refund! It happens that the employer creates a project and then does not get in touch. Why should I spend money on such offers?

To take a share of the earnings of freelancers is normal, unlike to profit with connects.

With your innovations, you do not leave any chances for beginning freelancers who are on the site recently. No one is interested in wasting money without results.

Highlighted
Lana A Member Since: Apr 12, 2020
215 of 224

Agree 100% !!! I have never seen a system where the worker is being charged for a CHANCE to get hired. This is ridiculous!!!

It's the employer who has to pay for making a posting! For the freelancers, it's enough already that you take a commission out of our earnings! Or if you want to make applying to jobs payable, then you have to make it MANDATORY for employers to RESPOND to every single proposal! 

Highlighted
Alexey B Member Since: Sep 20, 2018
216 of 224

Up!)

Highlighted
Baptiste H Member Since: Mar 19, 2020
217 of 224

Please make the connects refund permanent for all jobs if we are not hired (even if someone else is hired) and bring back the free connects each month:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/New-test-to-refund-Connects-on-no-hire-contracts/m-p/7...

Highlighted
Pranay B Member Since: Feb 19, 2018
218 of 224

Hi Vladimir,

Good to know that the test has been completed.

When can we expect the outcome of the test?

e.g. result can be something from below -

1. This feature is good for all of freelancers, clients and upwork, so we will make this permanent.

2. This feature is not goot for anyone, so we are removing this feature.

3. We need to conduct more tests to decide if we want to continue or drop the feature.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
George S Member Since: Jun 2, 2011
219 of 224

In my opinion connects should be refunded whenever a client does not respond to a freelancer proposal. It has happened countless times to me that I submit a proposal (in which I have put time, effort and connects) and I get zero response from the client. This no response has become so common recently that I am no longer putting much effort in the initial proposal and instead just inviting the client for further discussion if he is interested.

The system should be very simple:

- if no hire is made: connects refunded

- if a hire is made all proposals to which the client has not responded (inculding those not formally declined): connects refunded

- if a hire is made and a proposal has been responded to (including a direct decline without any communication): connects not refunded

In simple terms: if a client completely ignores a proposal, the connects for that proposal should be refunded. If I am paying for sending a proposal I deserve the right for that proposal to at least be responded to. As it is now, I am paying for sending a proposal and I am not even sure if it has been delivered to the client.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kathy M Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
220 of 224
I agree. Clients are rude not to respond with at least a ‘no’.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS