Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

sazzad0071
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Sazzad H Member Since: Nov 21, 2018
221 of 228

Hye Dear, After upwork  site maintainance i haven't seen the feature of "Not hiring by client, connections will be returned "
Is this feature has been removed ?? Or Is there any Catagorised client who has priority on not hiring nothing happened, but all freelancers will lost their connections.
I am sure, I will get your help to be clear about this issue.
advance thanks,

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
222 of 228

Mohammad Sazzad H wrote:

Hye Dear, After upwork  site maintainance i haven't seen the feature of "Not hiring by client, connections will be returned "
Is this feature has been removed ?? Or Is there any Catagorised client who has priority on not hiring nothing happened, but all freelancers will lost their connections.
I am sure, I will get your help to be clear about this issue.
advance thanks,

It was a test and was removed.

sazzad0071
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Sazzad H Member Since: Nov 21, 2018
223 of 228

Thanks

khurram_siddique
Khurram S Member Since: Apr 6, 2015
224 of 228

These days i have lost many connects on jobs, client did not hire anyone, it seems these are fake jobs or clients.

Now i am afraid of losing more connects by applying on new jobs.

This request to Upwork to please take notice of this with a permanent solution.

Thank You

26e63ea4
Artyom S Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
225 of 228

Hello everyone, and especially Upwork reps!

Please confirm that the feature you were rolling out not that long ago has been withdrawn and you decided to stop refunding the connects for the jobs that ended up with 0 interviews or those where nobody has been hired for.

I recall I used to receive my connects back when some random people asked for quotes and then never ever replied back to anybody, or never ever had intention to hire anyone - just used Upwork as a forum to ask questions.

Thanks,
Arty

imyounas
Imran Y Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
226 of 228

Hi...

I remember seeing somehwere that UpWork is going (or planning) to refund connects on jobs where client doesn't hire any freelancer. 

Anyone has update on this ? 

We should have this policy/feature roll out to prod as soon as possible. This is very unfair to freelancers, cuase first we have to buy the connects and then there are many jobs where clients just post the job and then forget about it, and we end up loosing our connects !

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
227 of 228

Imran Y wrote:

Hi...

I remember seeing somehwere that UpWork is going (or planning) to refund connects on jobs where client doesn't hire any freelancer. 

Anyone has update on this ? 

We should have this policy/feature roll out to prod as soon as possible. This is very unfair to freelancers, cuase first we have to buy the connects and then there are many jobs where clients just post the job and then forget about it, and we end up loosing our connects !

They tried it, didn't like it, and it was discontinued. 

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
228 of 228

This thread has been closed to further replies since this test has ended and is no longer running. 

Untitled