Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kathy M Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
21 of 228

Are refundable connects only being tried on jobs with Verified payment or also on the jobs without verified payment at the time of job posting?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 228

Hi Kathy,

This test applies to some jobs regardless of the client's payment verification status. So it may appear on jobs with or without verified payment method. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kathy M Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
23 of 228
Thank you.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Nicholas S Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
24 of 228

Awesome to hear! This has been a big issue for as long as I've been around here. I'm glad to see it's finally being looked into and hopefully a solution can be put into place. The clients that post jobs and then disappear without any communication or hire are one of my pet peeves. Especially when Connects are lost due to no fault of the freelancer.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Badr E Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
25 of 228

Awesome keep this as an official policy, please don't cancel it later for any reason, we need you to support us rather than just making us paying for too much connects and in the end they are wasted in closed jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
26 of 228

I just saw a post requiring 2 connects with a message adjacent "Refunded if client doesn't hire". 

Blue botton reads:

"Connects for this job will be refunded if the client closes the job or it expires without anyone being hired."

How long is it before jobs expire?  Is it 30 days or longer? 

Which jobs will be chosen for this new feature?  Will they have a connects minimum or budget minimum?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
27 of 228

Hi Robin,

As always a job will expire after 30 days of inactivity. If you see that message on the job posting, that means connects will be refunded if that job expires with no hires.

We are randomly selecting which jobs to include in the test. In order to not impact or skew test results, we typically try not to share too many details about tests while they are ongoing.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
28 of 228

Thank you Valeria!

Highlighted
Luis B Member Since: Sep 10, 2019
29 of 228

This looks like a joke. So, you're thinking in refunding freelancers from being cheated? If I have a deposit in a bank, the bank is not responsible for my money? I pay for a job with certain presumptions. If any of those presumptions change it's obvious that I have the right to get my money back. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tom O Member Since: Apr 13, 2016
30 of 228

This sounds like a great idea. Maybe you can also makke an effort to stop advertising projects as open when they already have someone hired or at least make it more clear someone has been hored. I am not sure why this happens at all.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS