cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

Highlighted
Ziyad Habib A Member Since: Mar 18, 2018
81 of 120

Well, honestly, thats a good news , only if it happens , wish it could happen sooner .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
82 of 120

Is 16% such a low rate that Upwork wants to kick a client off of the platform? What about 25%?

What about 10%?

I don't know what the right number is.

What if a client is posting a lot of jobs, and refining and those job posts and posting new jobs, hiring dozens of freelancers eventually, and not hiring anybody off platform? But their percentage is low?

What if a client's percent hire rate is 16%, but that client has spent over $80,000 on Upwork?

What if a client's percent hire rate is 22%, but that client has only spent $30 on Upwork?

Handling clients with a low hire rate is a separate matter from the question about refunding connects to freelancers when a client doesn't hire.

Regardless of what is done with clients who have low hire rates, Upwork should refund connects for every job that doesn't hire. After a certain period of time, a job with no hires should be considered inactive and it should automatically closed and all connects used to apply to that job should be refunded to the freelancers.

Highlighted
Ashkan A Member Since: Mar 18, 2018
83 of 120

This system is completely broken. I wasted a batch of 80 connects and applied to jobs mostly costing 6 connects without any return.

I get it, you want freelancers not to apply 50 jobs per day and spam it but If I am paying a price to apply for more jobs, you better protect my invested funds. It has been 20 days and none of the jobs that applied did hire anyone. They are just waiting, waiting and waiting, what?

There should be a time frame such as 2 weeks if the client does not finalize the contract, the connects should be refunded. 

Highlighted
Patrice M Member Since: Feb 14, 2015
84 of 120

Thank you for the information on the test.

I would suggest another scenario in which Connects should be refunded: when the client changes the job posting to invite-only after receiving proposals from all freelancers. This particular situation has happened to me twice in the past month.

Thank you for your consideration.

Highlighted
Chi T Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
85 of 120
Sorry, I can know your testing started and when will finish? Because I’m newcomer on this site and I paid money to buy some connects, however I just applied some jobs then they were closed and I didn’t receive any refunds.

Please support me about this.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
86 of 120

Hi Chi,

Not all job posts will be part of the test; we are randomly selecting which ones to include. So you may not have seen those jobs yet.

As for the duration of the test, unfortunately, we won't be able to share details. In order to not impact or skew test results, we typically try not to share too many details about tests while they are ongoing. We do want and appreciate your feedback though!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Janet S Member Since: Jun 28, 2018
87 of 120

I just got off what was supposed to be a 30 minute interview, but five minutes into it the client informed me that travel was required. Apparently, she thought it was ok to not include the travel requirement in the job description. The client wasted my valuable job search TIME and the 6 connects I paid to send her my proposal. With all going on in the world and with people desperate for work you would think people would be more considerate.

Highlighted
Aima S Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
88 of 120

Hey I have submitted a proposal for job which says "connects refunded if client doesn't hire you". Unfortunately client hired another person but i didn't get my connects back. 

Job link : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
89 of 120

Hi Aima,

Thanks for reaching out to us. For the job post that you are referring to, Connects will be refunded if the client closes the job or it expires without anyone being hired.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Maria B Member Since: Mar 25, 2020
90 of 120

HI Lena.

How do I get my connects back? I didn't receive any answer from my proposals and I need to keep searching for contracts.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS