Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New test to refund Connects on no-hire contracts

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
81 of 228

Hi Khurram,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to not impact or skew test results, we typically try not to share too many details about tests while they are ongoing. At this time, we've shared all the available details in the announcement post and follow up responses. We appreciate your understanding.

Highlighted
Henry C Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
82 of 228
I'm so glad about this!
I was just refunded my connect
Highlighted
Henry C Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
83 of 228
This is really rational.

Upwork unlike other freelancing platforms protects the clients more.

Upwork generate income from both Clients fee percentage, and freelancers connect.

The policy is good
But it would be also nice if the clients are made to pay certain connect or amount if they do not hire, but if you let them get by it, they'd return again and post vain offers and waste freelancers connect. But if you place a fee on vain offers clients will refrain and then give the freelancers the courage to bid on projects even if they loose their connect it will be deserving.

I signed up with upwork sometime ago, I haven't been able to bid even for projects I'm more than capable of. This can be devastating
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Vijayvithal J Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
84 of 228
A shop does not charge it's customers an entry fees. But it charges a shelf/display fees to the product manufacturer.

Similarly here freelancers are the product and have to pay a fees, the client is a customer and can window-shop to his hearts content without paying a single penny
Highlighted
Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
85 of 228

Henry C wrote:
This is really rational.

Upwork unlike other freelancing platforms protects the clients more.

Upwork generate income from both Clients fee percentage, and freelancers connect.

The policy is good
But it would be also nice if the clients are made to pay certain connect or amount if they do not hire, but if you let them get by it, they'd return again and post vain offers and waste freelancers connect. But if you place a fee on vain offers clients will refrain and then give the freelancers the courage to bid on projects even if they loose their connect it will be deserving.

I signed up with upwork sometime ago, I haven't been able to bid even for projects I'm more than capable of. This can be devastating

Protects from what? From who?
Clients are protected more?

I'm a freelancer and I feel so protected!
I'm mostly working on a fixed priced contract (which are "more risky" than hourly ones).

No idea where is the vulnerability for a freelancer, therefore - let me know, would be important to know.

Highlighted
Sabina S Member Since: Mar 8, 2020
86 of 228

Greetings!

I applied for this job - **Edited for community guidelines** and its been 14days The Client has not hired anyone yet. So, by when should I expect to get my connects back?

Regards,

Sabina..

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
87 of 228

oh boy now we get to enjoy these threads. You kinda opened yourself up to this, Upwork. Should just go back to the 60 free connects at this point.

Highlighted
Volkan V Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
88 of 228

Is there any comment on this? 
I am having same problem here for more than 1 job., my connects are reserved for 15 days and i paid for those!
- If i keep applying to jobs, i ll be out of connects soon.

- If i dont or cant apply, what i am doing here?

Please provide some insight,

Best,

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
89 of 228

Hi Sabina,

While we are testing refunding connects that don't hire and go dormant (I have merged your post into the related announcement,) it's being tested only on select job postings and a notification will show up for those postings. Unless a notification shows on the posting, connects will only be refunded if a job is canceled by the client or Upwork without hiring anybody.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ashley F Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
90 of 228

I submitted a few proposals to jobs that stated my connects would be refunded if not hired. I have noticed that none of my connects have been refunded after not being hired. I am unable to contact on Upwork about this issue.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS