cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback contracts no longer impact Job Success Score (JSS)

abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
31 of 914

Mahak J wrote:

Me too. I am so annoyed by this private feedback. If Upwork clients are not happy with the work, then they should let us know. I am more than happy even to return their money. But getting replies like the work is great and everything and still getting bad "private feedback" and 5* rating is not fair for the freelancer. 

What am I supposed to do if the client is saying on my face that your work is great? Even when I ask them that if you want, I am more than happy to edit it for you, but still, they say no, the work is flawless and give 5* rating publically but privately, just ruining the freelancer's profile.

The unfair treatment should stop, and I agree with this. There should not be private feedback. Feedback is for the public to view. The whole point of reviewing or leaving feedback is for other clients to know how the freelancer is performing, not how the freelancer is being betrayed and manipulated by the clients. If I don't like a client, I have the guts to tell them in their public feedback, and I will not leave private feedback to pretend.

Gosh, do you know that Freelancer and Fiverr and now doing private feedback as well.

As an FYI, they learned that from Upwork.

mhrmahdihasan
Mahdi H Member Since: Dec 16, 2019
32 of 914

@Lucio Ricardo Really I respect your opinion.

But, it's true. some times clients tell us they were happy to work with us and give us a 5* public review, but they give us poor private feedback. and some times I confirmed he/she was really happy with me. and the work was 100% perfect but they gave us poor private feedback. it could be, that was his/her ego or low understanding about private feedback policy.

so, the formula of private feedback is really worst for freelancers. So, i want to request to Upwork development team for finding a better solution. cause, a freelancer knows every single JSS percent is how much painful to increase.

Thanks

lucioric
Community Guru
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
33 of 914

Milestone:, ¿created, or funded?. You only should work in a milestone that is created in the Upwork system, current and funded.

rkb42
Rakibul H Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
34 of 914

Yes, I want that too. They should keep security payment before starting the project. I am new here. today I complete a 150$ project, but the client paid me 50$ and end the contract.

p_walker-tulloch
Pearlene T Member Since: Nov 6, 2020
35 of 914

That Happened to me too

ahsanshahriar
Ahsan S Member Since: Oct 8, 2016
36 of 914

I agree with you

fabrizio-zambuto
Ace Contributor
Fabrizio Z Member Since: Aug 1, 2016
37 of 914

totally agree.

anastasasiyal
Anastasiya L Member Since: Jul 24, 2019
38 of 914

Fully agree with you! I would rather do misltones then one fixed price. 

29350bfa
Ahmed A Member Since: Nov 6, 2020
39 of 914

Pearlene T wrote:
My issue is the Clients who come on here sneakily trying to take your work without paying. I think upwork should take a security deposit from Clients on fixed price contracts and stop allowing to use milestone.

Yup, that happens to me, too, on both Upwork, and Freelancer. Sometimes I provide the solution for free, because I'd rather people contact me once, and never reply again, and get a solution for free, than start a contract, and then come up with some silly superficial reason to leave me negative feedback like calling me rude for using the f-word to imply "mess up", while giving some harmless example about something.

Because I love all the geeky stuff  that I do, and I care more about returning customers, I don't mind taking the risk of getting the job done before getting paid, because who knows? Maybe a customer will leave you negative feedback for being paranoid, and there's nothing you can do about it, because the customer's always right. 🙄 So far, my business model has been working great, and sometimes customers up their budget, and I don't even have to say a word; they witness the 'tech miracles' themselves. They hire me to solve one tech problem, and I end up solving a dozen, so they make it rain with bonuses, and the good thing about it is that I never expect anything, and that's why I'm always happy no matter the outcome, since I'm all about self-fulfillment, and knowing a lot, being good, and genuine shouldn't be depressing; I've said this before, but I refuse to believe that the more you know, the more miserable you become. I'd rather just keep it upbeat, and not expect anything. Believe it or not, but things always work out. 😃

catalyst14
Haider R Member Since: Sep 20, 2017
40 of 914

Considering your very little experience on Upwork and less than $500 lifetime earnings, this doesn't make sense.