cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback contracts no longer impact Job Success Score (JSS)

p_walker-tulloch
Pearlene T Member Since: Nov 6, 2020
51 of 914

It is not upwork who releases the money it is the client and that is the problem.

audthom59
Audrey T Member Since: Nov 14, 2008
52 of 914

Agreed!  While I have not been burned, it is a concern and I have had to "hound" a client for payment. 

p_walker-tulloch
53 of 914

I have been burned two times. It is quite unfair to allow the clients to call the shots like that.

w62n
Ace Contributor
Wayne G Member Since: Mar 14, 2018
54 of 914

#threadhijacker

hannah_old
Hannah O Member Since: Dec 17, 2019
55 of 914

sometimes the easiest way to collect on a funded milestone is to ignore them once you've sent the payment request. If you don't have a revision request pending, then you get the money after two weeks. By hounding the customer, you're opening yourself up to having a revision request sent again even if there isn't anything more to do. My policy is that I'll do one set of revisions no questions asked. The second one, you'd better have a good reason. Third one? Uh, nope. 

e69b1ecf
Paul W Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
56 of 914
This is so spot on! I've said the same thing. Freelancers and agencies don't have equal footing with clients. We're charged for applying to jobs yet clients have absolutely nothing keeping them from wasting our time or reaching out then ghosting, after we've already invested hours into initial requirements gathering.

Another issue is the whole "would you recommend" thing factoring into the JSS. I totally disagreed with the idea that a client should be fine with leaving 5 stars and yet they select "no" on the question of whether they'd recommend us and that's not shared with us. The only thing from a rating standpoint that should impact our rating as it appears to clients, is the rating provided by the clients which is visible on our profiles. Long term contracts and such can still positively impact and whatever. But I think it's ridiculous to not even have visibility into the negative factors. If we're all getting 5 stars and only 60% would recommend us, yet the 40% we have no idea about and can't even improve as a result, how is that fair?!
gaucho76
Community Leader
Fabio D Member Since: Feb 19, 2015
57 of 914

welcome to the wonderful world of UpWork's algorithms, designed by people that didn't even finish college. Don't bother fighting it, it's what it is

freddiewillmot
Abhilash M Member Since: May 17, 2017
58 of 914
I think you are new to UPWORK

When you submit final work you can ask money through a link
Go to my job and submit work with payment request
They cannot see your work unless they release payment

Please do that next time

Thank you 😊
p_walker-tulloch
59 of 914

Are you sure about that? They see your work before releasing the amount.

p_stella
Paula S Member Since: Nov 7, 2020
60 of 914

100% true. I keep reporting this to Upwork.
Also, how about clients that want extra stuff and don't release the milestone until they got the freebies?