cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback contracts no longer impact Job Success Score (JSS)

reputationstars
Pierre Z Member Since: Aug 27, 2020
71 of 914

Upwork takes a security deposit for mielstones. Do not start any work unless client already left deposit. You probably do not  know how this works. What you are saying should not happen unless you started work without client leaving deposit first.

niktar-hossain
Niktar H Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
72 of 914

It happens in rare cases. 

After all, freelancers are never risk free. 

azhar_upwork
Azhar I Member Since: Oct 4, 2018
73 of 914

She is true, same has happened with me.. One of the Client offered 5000 leads in $800 and I spent 01 month to finish that, Once I submitted the work he refused to pay and started threatening me to give a bad review if I did not accept half price. Later on, he ran away and didn't pay me anything

I reported the same via dispute, They did nothing. That Client is again on Upwork and getting his work done, I have reported the same again to Upwork support team but they didn't took any action

calado-marco
Ace Contributor
Marco C Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
74 of 914

Hi Gilang, i got curious about your post so i went to check your profile. Got to say this;

1 - you're an hell of an artist

2 - there's definitly something wrong with your JSS

3 - Check with the Upwork gurus to help you out with the score and fix it.

Your score doesn't reflect your feedback, in my view you should be at least above 85% if not over 90%!

to everyone reading this post please see her profile:  Tantowi Gilang 

There must be a mistake in her Score.

j0rt3g4
Jose Gabriel O Member Since: May 17, 2015
75 of 914

Basically they are telling you that  your JSS will be fixed Smiley Happy

lucioric
Community Guru
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
76 of 914

Wait some hours until the new job success score is calculated. Normally it is calculated by the Sunday afternon at UTC.

dmarketingguru
Eugen P Member Since: Apr 22, 2019
77 of 914

Dear Tantowi,

I was affected by a low JSS for more than 6 months (almost 3 months to get back my JSS above 90 and 3 more months to get back to my Top Rated badge) just because one client gave me one (1) star rating in a totally unfair and misleading way.

But I didn't give up!

Imagine the frustration I encountered when I exposed my case to Upwork support coming up with screenshots from my Upwork messages where that client was asking me money just to revise his review of one (1) star!

But I didn't give up!

When I left my full-time job almost 3 years ago and started as a full-time professional freelancer on Upwork I was sure that I will encounter lots of problems during the way since NO system is perfect. No one!

If you run away instead of finding solutions, sooner or later you'll encounter others similar or different issues but following the same attitude, it will make you weaker and weaker.

My advice to you no matter the decision you'll take is, Find solutions!

creativeblox
Onel Enrique F Member Since: Jul 7, 2008
78 of 914

all you have to do is ask the client to post a review. let them know you will be doing the same. 

w62n
Ace Contributor
Wayne G Member Since: Mar 14, 2018
79 of 914

i've had several clients who–regardless of how many times i asked–simply never would leave feedback.

no idea if they were lazy, afraid to expose themselves in a semi-public arena, or just didnt care. but after about 3-4 requests, i stop badgering them, as i assume there must be SOME reason for thier unwillingness.

atria
Almira T Member Since: Dec 21, 2015
80 of 914

We are working so hard here and giving you the commision. Make it plain and simple for us. It is not easy to work with some clients. I even experience discrimanation with Asian employers. was that our fault?