cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open to new proposals badge

bff0b7d5
Eunsong B Member Since: Oct 29, 2020
21 of 39

I think it is a good try for freelancers who really want to know that this position is actively looking for talents. Sometimes, I thought that I'm wasting my connects on a nonvalidated position but with this feature, I will be able to decide actively applying for the position.

We'll see how it works.

mejidev
Majid A Member Since: Feb 11, 2018
22 of 39

This is super confusing when we see this badge on a job and goes to apply on it and see 1 hires under job activity. If the client has hired the developer then this badge should be removed from that job.

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
23 of 39

Sorry if this has already been answered, only I've just noticed this and not seen it mentioned anywhere else, but... what does this mean?

open.png

Does it mean those without this are not open to new proposals? If not, what is the difference? 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
24 of 39

Hi Jamie,

I just merged your post to our announcement. You can learn more about this feature by reading Lena's post Here. Thank you.

Untitled
moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
25 of 39

Oh, it had been mentioned. So much for my observation skills. 

Thanks.

belachewermeya16
Ermeyas B Member Since: Sep 20, 2020
26 of 39

Hi Lena.

Great idea. But I think, you should fix this critical matter first. Nowadays I can see many fake and testing job posts. https://prnt.sc/vdanoa

It undermines the company's reputation that calling  "PROFESSIONALLY" and "TALENT".

Thanks

Ermeyas

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
27 of 39

Hi Ermeyas,

Thanks for taking the time to report the job post. I shared it with the team so that it can be reviewed.

Please note that we have automatic and manual systems in place to detect postings that violate Upwork TOS and also check every job flagged as inappropriate by our users. Upwork has over 17 million registered users and thousands of projects are posted daily on our platform. As such, despite the many tools we have in place to detect issues, they do still occur from time to time. We remove such posts as soon as we become aware of them and will continue to use our best efforts to keep our marketplace safe.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
69069dfb
Tal D Member Since: Oct 10, 2018
28 of 39

Nice idea, Lena, though not sure how useful it will be, as usually I have a Saved search with  "0-5 proposals" filter. How will you rank client activity around new projects? An advanced search activity filter can help just the same, without cluttering the search results UI. 

Note also that the icon contradicts community complaints I read here about too many freelancers/proposals for projects, so I suggest also to consider "Closed for proposals [until client will be more active]", for example, after 10 proposals and 2 days. 

Related to this issue, please see my suggestion related to wasted Connects on projects that are rather new became not active (was moved to FAQ, strangely). 

jeremiah-brown
Ace Contributor
Jeremiah B Member Since: Jun 5, 2020
29 of 39

Isnt that what "sort newest" and the "sort proposals" features are for?

vienalyn_alluso
Viena Lyn Pia A Member Since: Jul 27, 2020
30 of 39

This is great!!!

For me these are good features because in my experience if many people already submitted a proposal I will not submit anymore because I think the client has already chosen.

Keep up the good work!Smiley Happy