Good improvement!

anneupwork2016
Sana K Member Since: Nov 11, 2016
32 of 39

This is a really good step!

ingdesir
Apollonnius Alex F D Member Since: May 15, 2018
33 of 39

That's great, i wan you guys to do something about the unverified payment client as well.

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
34 of 39

Apollonnius Alex F D wrote:

That's great, i wan you guys to do something about the unverified payment client as well.

It isn't necessary to do anything about it.
Just make sure the customer verifies the payment method before accepting the contract.

jeremiah-brown
Ace Contributor
Jeremiah B Member Since: Jun 5, 2020
35 of 39

But he does have a valid point.  I was hired by a client who had an established payment method.  I woke up one day to find that I was hit with a chargeback for all the work that I performed with nothing to show for.  I called Upwork to find that the client's method of payment was no longer valid and that Upwork had suspended the client's account - at this point the client could have simply never returned to Upwork and I would be out the funds that I rigthfully earned for services that I had provided.

To remedy this, I attempted to contact Upwork several times, attempted to contact the client several times, and wound up spending just as much time trying to collect from the client.  When I called Upwork to ask if I could send an invoice to the client's business address - since I was no longer getting a response - Upwork said I could not bill outside of their platform and hit me with legal documents - just because I asked Upwork if I could do it (ASKED - to be sure I was in compliance with the terms of service).

I had to fill out a statement that can now be used against me in court if Upwork even suspects that I am attempting to bill outside of the system.  Simply because I asked Upwork a question!

So yes, in my opinion, unverfied payment methods with clients are a really big deal considering how I lost money on the job, but was also hit with legal threats from upwork as well.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
36 of 39

Jeremiah B wrote:

But he does have a valid point.  I was hired by a client who had an established payment method.  I woke up one day to find that I was hit with a chargeback for all the work that I performed with nothing to show for.  

Clients can still do chargebacks, even if their payment method is verified. (As you say, your client had an established payment method, but this didn't prevent the problem that occurred.)

p_ramuka
Puja R Member Since: Nov 12, 2020
37 of 39

A very very interesting feature added. There have been quite many times, where I did find a potential project but it was posted a day or two days back, where I was reluctant to apply to those. Now these features, will definitely provide more insight.

christopherbudde
Community Leader
Christopher B Member Since: Jul 11, 2015
38 of 39

How about encouraging the clients to invite freelancers? Better solution.

jose_monteiro
Jose M Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
39 of 39

More important than all the proposals that can be implemented is without a doubt the return of the 60 credits they offered in the past (this allowed a multitude of new freelancers, therefore many offers and many customers satisfied with the range of proposals).
Of course, your income based on what was collected was guaranteed!
Imagine what it was now for Google to compel a monthly account to access the services provided by them in gmail, google maps, etc., it was a blow in the billing of the publicity that the possible gain would result in loss!
UpWork needs many freelancers to respond to their customers!
Reduction of freelancers, reduces advertising to the group, so it's a snowball!

This is my opinion!