cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our apologies for the recent transaction and balance confusion

Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
11 of 99
Hi Michelle, Can you please clarify which page you are talking about? Is it the Reports tab on your client UI?
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Michelle S Member Since: May 23, 2009
12 of 99
Yes, that's exactly it. I can switch to my client profile, but trying to go to the reports tab causes a redirect loop. I tried clearing my cache and using a different browser, but the result is the same.
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
13 of 99
Hi Michelle, Thanks for the update.This is a known issue and we are working on it.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 99
If I am a contractor and you guys put my money in my client account out of reach and I want to withdraw my money on Wednesday I will have to try and get it manually withdrawn? And what will happen to the history? This is not good enough. You moved my money over there, just move it back again. I do NOT intend to spend hours on Wednesday in a queue and I do not intend to worry all week if my money will arrive on Saturday. I just want everything back to where it should be. Please. Now.
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
15 of 99
[quote=Stephane Kasriel]Please know, that although this error caused an inability to access funds for some of you, at no time were your transaction history, pending payments, or earnings lost or at risk. They were always in your account, just for some, in the wrong place.[/quote] This does not in any way address the fact that some of us couldn't access our money for 24 hours and that there are still users who can't access it! [quote=Stephane Kasriel]2. If you are an independent contractor who has had an active client account in the past but who hasn’t paid for any work in the past 30 days, your balance has been returned to your contractor financial account. Your transaction history has moved to your client account. This is in order to keep all your transactions - past client and contractor - in one financial account.[/quote] What a load of ****! It makes absolutely zero sense that my contractor earnings are pending in my client account and that my contractor transaction history is showing up in my client transaction history. Please explain how this corresponds with your desire to split financial accounts when it fact, you merged everything under the client/agency accounts. [quote=Stephane Kasriel]Keep in mind that this was a one-time change. Now that each type of account is separate, future earnings will stay in whichever account they are earned.[/quote] Again, please explain why my contractor earnings are pending in my client account and what will happen with those funds once they cleared. You manually moved my contractor balance as an "account adjustment" as a workaround to this mess, will you now manually move contractors earnings on a weekly basis? [quote=Stephane Kasriel]Again, we deeply apologize for our mistake.[/quote] Let's start with consistent language and some transparency then and not file this away under "confusion" as the title of the post suggests. *[Removed by Admin]
Community Guru
16 of 99
[quote=Krisztina U.] [quote=Stephane Kasriel]2. If you are an independent contractor who has had an active client account in the past but who hasn’t paid for any work in the past 30 days, your balance has been returned to your contractor financial account. Your transaction history has moved to your client account. This is in order to keep all your transactions - past client and contractor - in one financial account.[/quote] What a load of *** It makes absolutely zero sense that my contractor earnings are pending in my client account and that my contractor transaction history is showing up in my client transaction history. .[/quote] I missed that bit - through the red fog that descended upon my brain this morning... SERIOUSLY? My past CONTRACTOR history has been moved to my CLIENT account? PERMANENTLY???? NOT just my money? What *** would it be in there for? You can`t be serious. You ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT BE SERIOUS. I am unable to access my money. I am wasting time I should spend working dealing with this ****. And it looks like it is getting worse by the minute? I would like, if it's not too much bloody trouble, for my money and my transaction history to be moved back to where it belongs. Into my contractor account. Now. Please. I have been working on average 60 hours a week this past month. I need to work on my contracts. I can not afford to deal with this *** , I should not have to deal with this ***, and I do not deserve to have to deal with this ***. Just sort it the hell out. (Edited to add: yes, I left those swearwords intact deliberately. I very strongly suggest I don't receive a moderator warning over them, they are absolutely justified for once and you really don't want to see what happens when I go from "mildly irritated" to "angry" or, god forbid, "furious" ....Smiley Wink - "Mildly irritated" being what you see right now.) *[Removed by Admin]
Community Guru
17 of 99
[quote=Petra R.] I missed that bit - through the red fog that descended upon my brain this morning... [/quote] Please do yourself the favor and do not re-read the original post. Smiley Wink There are many more hidden goodies that make little sense whatsoever and weren't thought through at all.
Community Guru
18 of 99
[quote=Stephane Kasriel]This is in order to keep all your transactions - past client and contractor - in one financial account.[/quote] One more thing. So a client that hasn't been active in 30 days is now a past client? Totally delighted valued customer here! I wonder what happens to those of us that keep going back and forth between being 2. and 3.? Or is that just another thing you guys didn't consider when coming up with this genius process?
Community Guru
19 of 99
[quote=Krisztina U.][quote=Stephane Kasriel]This is in order to keep all your transactions - past client and contractor - in one financial account.[/quote] One more thing. So a client that hasn't been active in 30 days is now a past client? Totally delighted valued customer here! I wonder what happens to those of us that keep going back and forth between being 2. and 3.? Or is that just another thing you guys didn't consider when coming up with this genius process?[/quote] I think he meant "past client history and past contractor history" but I join you in feeling ever so bloody valued right now Smiley Sad NOT
Community Guru
20 of 99
[quote=Petra R.][quote=Krisztina U.][quote=Stephane Kasriel]This is in order to keep all your transactions - past client and contractor - in one financial account.[/quote] One more thing. So a client that hasn't been active in 30 days is now a past client? Totally delighted valued customer here! I wonder what happens to those of us that keep going back and forth between being 2. and 3.? Or is that just another thing you guys didn't consider when coming up with this genius process?[/quote] I think he meant "past client history and past contractor history" but I join you in feeling ever so bloody valued right now Smiley Sad NOT[/quote] You're right, I misread 2. and shake my head at 3.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS