cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our apologies for the recent transaction and balance confusion

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 99
Having applied some much needed Caffeine to my system I am seeing more clearly now, and I like what I am seeing even less (and I did not think that was in any way possible.) Let's look at this *** in detail, shall we? [quote] 2. If you are an independent contractor who has had an active client account in the past but who hasn’t paid for any work in the past 30 days, your balance has been returned to your contractor financial account. Your transaction history has moved to your client account. This is in order to keep all your transactions - past client and contractor - in one financial account.[/quote] Now. What it heaven's name would my CONTRACTOR transaction history be doing in my CLIENT account? It does not belong there. That's just ridiculous. Do I have to explain the difference between a client and a contractor? Client history should be in the CLIENT account and CONTRACTOR history should be in the CONTRACTOR account. The whole point of this *** was to SEPARATE client and contractor accounts. NOT to throw them together, AND do so in the wrong place. [quote] 3. If you are an independent contractor with a client account where you have paid for work in the past 30 days, your balance is in your client financial account. While we cannot allow future contractor earnings to be used to pay for client work, many of you may not have been ready for this change and were counting on using your balance to pay for your client work. We therefore decided to allow it in the short term.[/quote] If that is an attempt at spin-doctoring and putting any positive slant on the whole mess by pretending that you OH SO GENEROUSLY allow me to use the money you wrongly took from me and are holding hostage in my Client account to pay my contractors one day: IT FAILED. Please, oDesk: Just take all that money, and all that transaction history, neither of which you should have touched in the bloody first place, and move it back where you took it from. Put my monies, both pending and actual, and return it to my Contractor account. That's where it should be. It was earned as a contractor, it should be accounted for as a contractor. I want it back. Now. [quote] Your current balance that is now in your client financial account will be applied against any future invoices, including today's invoices. [/quote] I DON'T BLOODY THINK SO!!!!! You grab all my money and decide that I'd like to use it to pay for contractors? Has whoever came up with this stroke of genius been on the wacky baccy again? If I let you keep that money you unilaterally kidnapped - who do you suggest will pay my rent, or bills, or fuel? That really is the most messed up attempt to deal with a MASSIVE *** I have seen in a long time, and I have seen a lot over the years. This takes the biscuit. NO. You will NOT apply my hard earned money, which I intend to withdraw in FULL on Wednesday, towards some future contractor invoices. You just absolutely WILL NOT! [quote] . If we have made the wrong decision in your case,[/quote] ........... Huh? Decision???? Hang ON a minute............. DECISION????? What do you mean "Decision?" Are you saying this was DELIBERATE? You mean that someone "DECIDED" to do this? SERIOUSLY?????????????????????????????????? You made a DECISION to hijack all my money and hold it hostage in my Client account where it should not be for reasons that should be obvious to a 5 year old? a RETARDED 5 year old even? A retarded 5 year old BUDGIE, even!!!! You made a ******************DECISION*********************** to do this? [quote] and if you would instead like to withdraw this balance, please contact our customer service team - they are standing by to help you make these withdrawals. [/quote] NO! 1) I would not "like" to do anything of the sort. I would "like" oDesk to put my money and my transaction history back to where they belong. Into my CONTRACTOR account. 2) The Customer Service Team are NOT "standing by" - They are stressed out of their minds by all the requests, can not cope, can not get through all of them. On WEDNESDAY, when everyone in my position will be trying to get at their money, the whole system will break down. I do not wish to fuff about with this sh*t any longer. I just want your people to pt things right. Release my money, release my transaction history. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try and make this all sound like some lovely little idea and put a spin on it. I can almost handle having my money taken (or control over my money, which FEELS like the same thing) but I can not ABIDE being played for a fool. Do not insult our intelligence by coming up with abject nonsense and expecting us to swallow it!!!! Not a good idea! *[Removed by Admin]
Ace Contributor
Waqas T Member Since: Feb 7, 2011
22 of 99
Calm down guys, if the payments get delayed, thats still a problem of one week, and not of our entire lives. 1. The contractors transaction history is moved to client side. If you cool down, that makes sense, oDesk can not go through each and every contractor profile and sort them into two accounts, they had to take a step and decide which way to go, and they did. Honestly I don't see whats the big deal about having your transaction history moved, the last time I saw it was weeks ago. If you do need to take a look at it, many times, just create a PDF and save it on your HDD? Going forward transaction history that is created from today, will /should be on your contractor account. 2. If your money has not been automatically moved to your client account, just create a ticket for it to be moved, https://support.odesk.com/home > Sumbit Request. It 'may' take a day, or few days, its uncomfortable, but lets be progressive. [quote=Krisztina U.]One more thing. So a client that hasn't been active in 30 days is now a past client?[/quote] You need to read again. It says that IF you have not USED your oDesk account to PAY to contractor in the PAST 30 days, your money will be moved to Contractor account automatically, if you have PAID a contactor with your account in the past 30 days, your money will NOT be moved automatically. Like I said in a previous post, oDesk has taken all the decisions keeping clients in mind. Clients get the benefit of keeping transaction history, Clients get the benefits of keeping the money, and I am OK with that, contractors who work on oDesk know how better oDesk is from others, Frustrated clients leaving, will mean less jobs/money for contractors and less money for oDesk.
Community Guru
23 of 99
[quote=Waqas T.]Calm down guys, if the payments get delayed, thats still a problem of one week, and not of our entire lives.[/quote] It is MY money, and I have just spent a lot and will go overdrawn if it is not sorted by Wednesday so it's in my account on Saturday. They're holding over $ 900 (a whole week's money) hostage there. Yes I can use Credit cards and my overdraft but why the HELL SHOULD I? And ***YOU*** certainly don't get to decide what I should or should not be putting up with because of someone else's mistake so if you're happy - FINE but don't you DARE tell me what I should or should not be happy about. Just DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!! [quote] 1. The contractors transaction history is moved to client side. If you cool down, that makes sense, [/quote] No, it doesn't. I won't try to explain it to you as I won't waste any more time than necessary. [quote] Honestly I don't see whats the big deal about having your transaction history moved,[/quote] Your failure to see what the issue is does not make it any less of an issue. my CONTRACTOR history belongs in my contractor account. My CLIENT hiistory belongs in my client account. End of. [quote] 2. If your money has not been automatically moved to your client account, just create a ticket for it to be moved, [/quote] NONSENSE. Once again you are failing to grasp what is happening. 1) My money **IS** in my client account. I want it moved into my CONTRACTOR account. 2) oDesk are NOT offering to MOVE the money from the wrong into the right account. They are offering to let some poor soul in the the financial team MANUALLY withdraw it to my chosen payment method. That is NOT the same and NOT what I want because I just KNOW that on Wednesday there will be NO WAY to get anyone to do anything because support will be breaking down with thousands and thousands of people SCREAMING for their money. I want my money moved back into my CONTRACTOR account so I can wirthdraw whatever sum I would like on Wednesday. [quote] https://support.odesk.com/home > Sumbit Request. It 'may' take a day, or few days, its uncomfortable, but lets be progressive. [/quote] "Let's be "progressive?" What the HELL are you talking about? [quote] Like I said in a previous post, oDesk has taken all the decisions keeping clients in mind. Clients get the benefit of keeping transaction history, Clients get the benefits of keeping the money, and I am OK with that, contractors who work on oDesk know how better oDesk is from others, Frustrated clients leaving, will mean less jobs/money for contractors and less money for oDesk.[/quote] I don't know what the hell you are talking about, the above makes no sense and do me a favour, don't try to explain it because you do not know what you are talking about either. Please kindly don't tell me to be "progressive" or that it is no big deal that my money is frozen because you haven't got the foggiest HINT of clue whether it is a big deal for me or not.
Ace Contributor
24 of 99
[quote=Petra R.]Just DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!![/quote] I was just trying to help, if you think I don't make any sense, that is because you need to re-read with a calm head (like you never noticed that the last para was NOT a reply to you, and still your thinking its for you). I have my 'pending' funds stuck as well (hopefully not), its not like I am not in the same mess, but being positive, making the best of things, finding alternatives (like for the transaction history), and keeping calm helps. Anyways, Best of luck, and hope you get your money by the date you require it (Y).
Community Guru
25 of 99
[quote=Waqas T.][quote=Petra R.]Just DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!![/quote] I was just trying to help, if you think I don't make any sense, that is because you need to re-read with a calm head. .[/quote] I may be angry but I can read just fine. Nor is there anything wrong with my comprehension skills. How is it helping when you say we should just request to have the money moved into the CLIENT account (where it already **IS** DOOOOOH!!!!!!!) when oDesk are not offering to move the money back to where it belongs **AT ALL**, but are offering to have it manually, contractor by contractor, withdrawn to the contractor's withdrawal method?n Can you even BEGIN to imaginbe what kind of mayhem there will be on Wednesday? Can you????? So before you try to patronize me and tell me to read things I suggest you learn how to read for comprehension yourself FIRST - and only tell people what to do when you get the foggiest hint of a vague clue what the hell you are on about. All you did was confuse the issue further by suggesting that people could just have their money moved back to the correct account which is actually all I am asking for, but NOT what is being offered by oDesk.
Ace Contributor
26 of 99
You're on fire, I really suggest a cold glass of water. I wish you best of luck again, and hope you get your money in time (y).
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
27 of 99
If this mess if fine with you, so be it. I have no funds stuck, but even then I am still pissed off that this happened because of what it could have done to me, and it shows that odesk really does not know how to perform maintenance/updates or whatever on this site.
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
28 of 99
[quote=Joseph C.]If this mess if fine with you, so be it. I have no funds stuck, but even then I am still pissed off that this happened because of what it could have done to me, and it shows that oDesk really does not know how to perform maintenance/updates or whatever on this site.[/quote] I dread to think what their next screw up will be. Maybe next time everyone's funds will just vanish into thin air. They do not take a backup and they have no clue how to restore after a giant mess has been created. I have no faith in the stability of this platform and am seriously weaning myself from it. It just gets worse and worse by the day. Please all, have no illusions that this is their last programming screw up. It happens every single update and will continue to happen because they hire incompetents.
Melanie A Member Since: Feb 18, 2013
29 of 99
[quote=Joseph C.]and it shows that odesk really does not know how to perform maintenance/updates or whatever on this site.[/quote] Maybe oDesk paid $0.5/$1 per hour to contractors who did it for them Smiley Very Happy
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
30 of 99
[quote=Waqas T.]Calm down guys, if the payments get delayed, thats still a problem of one week, and not of our entire lives.[/quote] With all due respect, please let the affected contractors decide whether it's a problem for them or not. Perhaps you are okay with your payments being in limbo for a week, fair enough. There are others, including myself, that are not. [quote=Waqas T.]1. The contractors transaction history is moved to client side. If you cool down, that makes sense, oDesk can not go through each and every contractor profile and sort them into two accounts, they had to take a step and decide which way to go, and they did. Honestly I don't see whats the big deal about having your transaction history moved, the last time I saw it was weeks ago. If you do need to take a look at it, many times, just create a PDF and save it on your HDD? [/quote] Your point is invalid. The transaction histories were already separated. The big deal isn't that the transaction history is in a different place now, but that all of this happened by human error and that none of this was intended/communicated. This time it's funds becoming unavailable for x days and histories shifting around, what's next... funds accidently going to the wrong contractor or client's charged for the bill of another client? [quote=Waqas T.]Going forward transaction history that is created from today, will /should be on your contractor account.[/quote] You're contradicting yourself. Didn't you just say it made sense to store it under the client account? Of course, none of this addresses the fact that there are still contractors that can't withdraw their money in what is now the 3rd day. [quote=Waqas T.]2. If your money has not been automatically moved to your client account, just create a ticket for it to be moved, https://support.odesk.com/home > Sumbit Request. It 'may' take a day, or few days, its uncomfortable, but lets be progressive.[/quote] Have you contacted support lately? I have, and tickets get closed with a copy/paste answer that don't solve or even addresses the issue while chat support has been unavailable. [quote=Waqas T.][quote=Krisztina U.]One more thing. So a client that hasn't been active in 30 days is now a past client?[/quote] You need to read again. It says that IF you have not USED your oDesk account to PAY to contractor in the PAST 30 days, your money will be moved to Contractor account automatically, if you have PAID a contactor with your account in the past 30 days, your money will NOT be moved automatically.[/quote] Perhaps you should take your own advice here. I already admitted to having misread the sentence.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS