cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our apologies for the recent transaction and balance confusion

Highlighted
Rana Mansoor Akbar K Member Since: Feb 12, 2008
51 of 99
I fall in category 4. 4. If you are an independent contractor who also has an agency, your balance, as well as your transaction history, has moved to your agency account. You can withdraw funds directly from your agency account by going to Settings > Get Paid. I created an agency when it was in fashion. forgot about it. When I go there. and click on Get Paid. A new warning shows that name on account does not match the name on profile. (the account is in my name not the company name) so the payment method is DE-activated. On my contractor profile. payment methods are active or at least there is no hold. Now all my balance is stuck there. and half of my pending earnings. (that is around 600 dollars in total). I now have last week's 140 dollars or so in my contractors account pending to be paid later this month. I am not sure what will happen then. THE POINT I AM TRYING TO PUT FORWARD IS I will not be able to pay rent, buy groceries this month and I am sure I am not alone. GREAT WAY TO CELEBRATE MAKING A BILLION... WAY TO GO ODESK!!!! BTW, I have submitted 2 support requests and waited for hours on live chat... there were always 40 + people ahead of me... Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Upvan S Member Since: Nov 8, 2013
52 of 99
I guess you are really lucky that you have 40+ people ahead in queue. They don't even provide this service to us, and I hope they have filtered everything countrywide even. Don't take it in worng way (Rac*sm) dude. I guess its not their fault, we are guity that we are all dependent on them. So we must lie down on our feets when we are looking to get our money. That's what they are taking advantage of. I guess thats all gambling going on here. I hope you could be a valued client to them. lol
Highlighted
Andrew P Member Since: Jul 30, 2011
53 of 99
I read this throughout... I am not showing any monies in any accounts.. I have a contractor, an agency and also two accounts that I work as a project manager on.. My main contractor account is missing money from two weeks ago, the time shows in my dairy, but not in my account Smiley Sad been waiting on chat for 2 hours already. Andrew
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
54 of 99
Hi Andrew, The pending earnings from the week before the last should be showing up under your client account while the past week's earnings should be showing up as pending under your IC account. As each of these funds becomes available, it will appear as Available balance under your IC account from where you can withdraw it. Someone will be reaching out to you via email with details as well. Hope this helps!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
55 of 99
If there's one comment I have in mind it's this: Why only now - this apology... when it should have been sent 24 hours from the time tickets are coming in or the forums getting flooded with concerns about this.. and not days after? While I am not affected by this major blunder, I am starting to worry about what the next site update will bring so I'm taking screenshots of everything. While it is a good move to apologize, I wonder if you have sent an official email to all users? This will reduce those long queues if ever. Why are you not offering people to simply opt out and get things running as normal? And you forgot to set expectations right by not mentioning when this problem will be fixed (date/time).. which doesn't only add up to users getting more irate but fire up speculations that the damage done is too big, too complicated to fix.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
56 of 99
My actual balance is now in my contractor account. The bit that concerns me, the bulk of it, which will be ready to withdraw tomorrow, is still sitting in my Client account and is supposed to be in my contractor account, ready to be withdrawn, by this time tomorrow. We will see but "so far, so good!"
Highlighted
Upvan S Member Since: Nov 8, 2013
57 of 99
Hey Petra, Did you get all your issues resolved by Odesk. Or they still playing with your account? I am really scared after all the issues goind on here so I tried asking if at last they resolve the issue or just leave it like hell till you don't kill forget about the things by yourself. Kindly let everyone know if it is resolved.
Highlighted
Mar C Member Since: Feb 12, 2010
58 of 99
**WOW** I got 2 additional financial accounts. I have now 3 financial accounts in 1 account. What a bug! Update: On my further checking, I have a total of 4 financial accounts associated in my account. I am hoping on the next update, there will be an option to remove the useless financial accounts to avoid confusion. This is really annoying! I don't want to switch between my agency account to withdraw the funds!
Highlighted
Brini A Member Since: Mar 20, 2011
59 of 99
My earnings were moved to my agency account with no notice and without my permission. That money I earned using my CONTRACTOR account and should be and remain in my CONTRACTOR account. Also, all of my work history has gone. This issue appeared Saturday and I was wondering what could take so long to get it fixed. This should better be fixed soon. I don't know why you are trying to make oDesk worse with every update you release!
Highlighted
Javier Andres M Member Since: May 25, 2009
60 of 99
I agree with you. I have the same problem
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS