cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our apologies for the recent transaction and balance confusion

Highlighted
Janice C Member Since: Apr 19, 2010
81 of 99
It's been two days and haven't receive any reply from oDesk CSR. What the hell are you doing guys?
Highlighted
Anthony G Member Since: Sep 22, 2009
82 of 99
Your current balance that is now in your client financial account will be applied against any future invoices, including today's invoices. If we have made the wrong decision in your case, and if you would instead like to withdraw this balance, please contact our customer service team - they are standing by to help you make these withdrawals. I made a payment yesterday afternoon to a contractor from my client account but the funds were in my contractor account. I emailed support about this to make sure that money was transferred rather than withdrawn from my PayPal account but this was not done. This morning I see that my PayPal account has been charged which is directly linked to a bank account that I do not use any more (it is not even in the same country). This has really **** and is going to cost me money to fix. I really don't like the way that accounts have been separated. I also don't understand why this was necessary. There should be a way to transfer money between them. Otherwise I'm getting penalized when I make a withdrawal to my bank account only to have to pay it back when I pay a contractor. Ridiculous situation. *[Removed by Admin]
Highlighted
Robelyn Joy D Member Since: Feb 8, 2012
83 of 99
I been emailing and contacting the support chat but it takes forever to contact them. Until now my with withdrawal was not been processed and I initiated the withdrawal LAST AUG 16. I also wanted my available balance to b transferred on my contractor account. Odesk transferred it to my company account which is not active. I though you are working on the clock but until it was not been fixed. We are waiting for our withdrawal. For God's sake odesk stop on keep changing your system. Your getting more like Elance. The reason why were working for odesk its because its reliable. I don't think it is now.
Highlighted
Rosanne L Member Since: Feb 23, 2008
84 of 99
oDesk seems to be getting worse and worse over the years. The site is undergoing major changes 3-4 times a year which is a massive waste of resources. It worked fine before. All these changes are just causing technical bugs and inconvenience to contractors. I just opened a Freelancer.com client account yesterday. I like the oDesk system better but this is getting ridiculous. I'll see what happens and maybe open a contractor account there as well depending on how it goes.
Highlighted
Duy T Member Since: Sep 17, 2010
85 of 99
Hi Odesk, My account balance was split in 3 financial accounts: my IC, Agency and client. Yesterday I saw it with $183, $457 and $687 pending respectively, but today my agency account balance is 0... and it is a different financial account from the one I saw yesterday! What a mess! Where is my $457? I contacted Support team twice but haven't received any reply yet. I am so angry...
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Hussain A Member Since: Mar 31, 2011
86 of 99
Glad I got a response on the ticket but I really don't understand what is happening. This is just getting worst. It took me a while to understand what they actually did, but when I figured it, now its again changing. Yesterday I had 3 financial accounts and now I got a 4th new one and the old one with my Balance in it is missing and I can't seem to find it anywhere!!! Live chat seems to be gone forever. Either there are Over 50 sleeping people ahead of you or simply no operators are available. This is frustrating. I hope they fix everything soon.
Highlighted
Asher S Member Since: Jun 8, 2011
87 of 99
This is extremely unprofessional - not only did I have to waste time time to figure out what you guys ****, I did not get a notification about this either. Highly unprofessional, please have the courtesy to at least email and not keep people hanging for 30 minutes on chat so they can "discover this issue". *[Removed by Admin]
Highlighted
Harsh S Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
88 of 99
--------- PLEASE REVERT THE CHANGES --------- Hey guys, can you let me know when this can be fixed? I'm in big trouble and really need to withdraw my money so that I can pay my bills. It is showing $0 in my account instead of more than $600. Thanks!
Highlighted
Jai V Member Since: Aug 29, 2010
89 of 99
oDesk has reverted back my payments. Now I can withdraw and pay my bills. Thanks!
Highlighted
Dian S Member Since: Mar 13, 2008
90 of 99
Thanks for the update. Too long to wait and very confusing, since I have client, agency and independent contractor account. Please kindly fix asap. Thank you. Regards, Dian
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS