cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing Rising Talent badges for new freelancers

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 139

We have temporarily paused assigning Rising Talent badges to new freelancers. We’re doing this so we can re-evaluate the requirements for achieving this badge. We want to ensure the Rising Talent program is effective in our goal of helping promising talent get started on Upwork. It’s been successful so far, but needs some updates at this time.

If you were previously notified of your eligibility for Rising Talent, you should still complete your profile and you’ll see the badge added to your profile soon.

If you’re new to Upwork and wondering how you can get the Rising Talent badge, we’ll update our Help Article with more information soon. But don’t wait around. Follow the best practices of completing your profile, submitting proposals for jobs that match your skills and interests, etc. All the items you’ll see under the “Program Eligibility” paragraph here.  

We’ll update the Community after we’ve made these changes, so new freelancers can once again get the Rising Talent badge.

Thanks,

Garnor

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
2 of 139

That's a good move.

More important than re-evaluating the requirements is making sure they are actually met, IMHO.

At the moment, there are far too many RT with plagiarized profiles and/or no accomplishments (besides having an overview) on this platform.

Afroza Khanom S Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
3 of 139

That's very good news...

I am a new freelancer on upwork. and waiting egerly for being real RT..Smiley Very Happy

Zaeem S Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
4 of 139

i am also new freelancer and profile is going great. Hope to see rising talent badge soon Smiley Happy

Elias H Member Since: May 31, 2017
5 of 139

I completely agree with you Ela. Although for someone new to freelancing and Upwork such as myself, i feel like this is hindering my ability to land more jobs. I have been on Upwork for a month now and have been doing pretty good, I would like to be able to land more contracts though. so hopefully we will see the program reinstated with its new requirements.

Nikka Maxine Z Member Since: Jun 23, 2017
6 of 139

Thank you for the heads up! Was shocked to find it removed Smiley Happy If anything, this'll motivate us to work harder Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 139

Finally.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 139

If I may quote Rene ... finally.

Danielle P Member Since: May 18, 2017
9 of 139

Thanks, Garnor. I do hope that UpWork resolves this soon since clients are still permitted to require "Rising Talent" as a job qualification on new postings.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
10 of 139

@ Ela,  

BRAVA!!!!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS