Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
31 of 139

Yes, you are correct, Matvei. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Matvei L Member Since: Jun 2, 2017
32 of 139

This means that even if RT would be available for new freelancers, platform doesn't award badge to subscribers who joined since May 16.

I know badge is very important for new freelancers who are going to stand out with their skills.

But they lose opportunities for success.

Highlighted
33 of 139

Hi Matvei, 

While we don't have any specific date to share on when we can continue issuing Rising Talent badges, please do know that this is an effort on our end to re-evaluate the admission requirements of the program. 

Hopefully, this will be sorted out soon, and skilled, experienced, and quality freelancers will be awarded the badge. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
A H Member Since: Jun 7, 2017
34 of 139

Hi,

As i understand that RT program is paused due to the incorrect evaluation criteria of profiles or linient checking and monitoring of profiles of RT badges given to earlier freelancers. And nlow Upwork is revamping the criteria for RT badges. I wonder in this case why even client are still given this option to select while posting new jobs, when RT badge doesn't hold valid status any more?

If RT program is paused then it should be paused for selection for clients as well. I'm suffering from same issue as a freelancer as well, though i beleive my profile should get RT badge by now.

Fair deal...

Highlighted
35 of 139

Hi A, 

Please know that we have only paused giving out Rising Talent badges to new freelancers. Freelancers who already have the badge prior pausing the program will get to keep their badge as existing Rising Talent freelancers are not affected by this change. They will continue to have the badge and is required to maintain their qualifications to remain in the program.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
A H Member Since: Jun 7, 2017
36 of 139

Thanks Avery,

But the questions remains that why Clients are given this option to "Filter" the applicants, whereas many out there are also eligible and can fullfill the client criteria but doesn't have RT badge... and which is not due to their fault, it's stopped by Upwork.  Actually this is unfair for both Clients and freelancers because Client also misses out good talent by filtering out non-RT badge holders.  

My only demand is that client access to set RT Badge filter should also be revoked till RT is suspended for freelancers.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
37 of 139

Hi AH,

Rising Talent preference isn't a filter and proposals submitted by freelancers without this status will be shown to the client on the same list, alongside other proposals.

Highlighted
Vadim P Member Since: Jun 7, 2017
38 of 139

Good afternoon, Garnon. I registered the profile before May 16, filled it 100% and even found a couple of projects, but for some reason I did not get a RT for half a year, can I get it somehow now?

Highlighted
39 of 139

Hi Vadim, 

Please see the eligibility requirements that is needed to get a Rising Talent badge: 

• Deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 days (prior this announcement)

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Vadim P Member Since: Jun 7, 2017
40 of 139

I have all the items carried out 100% profile, passed tests, I regularly send the proposals to projects and regularly respond to Invitations.
I did not receive RT.

What is my problem?? Maybe I was Wrong
somewhere?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS