cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Now button for Clients to split billing methods

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 6

We’re introducing a feature that gives clients more control and flexibility when it comes to paying off their balances. Clients will soon be able to split a payment between two billing methods by using the “Pay Now” button. This new feature will allow clients to choose how much of their balance they want to pay with their preferred billing method and make a second payment with a different billing method.

Clients can access the Pay Now feature by clicking on “Settings,” then “Billing Methods” and then “Pay Now”. When clients click “Pay Now”, they’ll see the option to enter a partial amount and to select the billing method they’d like to use for that amount.

1. User clicks on “Pay Now” button.
     Pay now button.png
  2. “Pay My Balance” modal is displayed allowing the user to select both their payment amount and preferred payment method.

Pay Now button 2.png

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Ali A Member Since: Nov 22, 2016
2 of 6

Amazing feature! Thank you, Ellis, for the new billing method.

“Good reputation is more valuable than money.” - Publilius Syrus
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 6

Isn't there only a small window in which I run a balance before it's taken from my primary billing method, though? I'm not sure how this will work in practice?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Jennifer,

Clients will see this feature if they have a balance to pay off. This typically happens when they pay bonuses, have an expense, or if their weekly billing amount was declined using their primary billing method.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 6

@Valeria K wrote:

Jennifer,

Clients will see this feature if they have a balance to pay off. This typically happens when they pay bonuses, have an expense, or if their weekly billing amount was declined using their primary billing method.

Thanks Valeria. But that still only leaves a small window of time, right? I've never had to manually pay my balance, it's always automatically charged. Even after I issued my recent round of bonuses for Christmas, my primary billing method was still charged after a short time.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Jennifer, 

The balance is usually charged to the payment method once a day, so you are correct with bonuses there will be a short window to use this option. I believe this feature will most often be used to settle a balance after the payment method failed to be charged automatically.

~ Valeria
Untitled