cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payoneer service disrupted (or worse)

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
1 of 238

Hi all,

As you might have heard, there's an ongoing problem affecting all Payoneer cards that have been issued outside of the U.S. This is due to recent issues with Wirecard (who issues Payoneer prepaid cards outside the U.S.) and the U.K. government’s investigation into their actions. Our top priority is to ensure that you are able to access the funds that you have earned through Upwork. We are working closely with Payoneer to help resolve this issue and will continue to keep you updated on new developments.

In the meantime, we’ve decided to reset automatic payments to manual for freelancers and agencies outside the U.S. who use Payoneer as their preferred method to withdraw funds from Upwork. We took this step to give our users time to decide how to handle their payments to their Payoneer accounts. You’ll still be able to withdraw your earnings any time by selecting “Get Paid Now” from the Get Paid page.

Highlighted
Milorad M Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
2 of 238

Given the current information I have Payoneer service do not work nor withdrawing money is possible. This has been tested and confirmed. 

I'm here asking Upwork to tell us how they stand on the current Wirecard situation and how will that reflect on the entire platform considering the immense implications it has on the freelance businesses. 
Also, it would probably be smart to halt all auto-withdrawals from Upwork to Payoneer since noone actually knows what will happen and thus potentially save their own users hassles later on.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Cesar P Member Since: Jan 17, 2018
3 of 238

I'm on the same situation and they haven't even gave a time of how much this hold will take.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 238

Milorad M wrote:

Given the current information I have Payoneer service do not work.

I've just this minute used the card on Amazon and so far haven't seen an issue?

Just got the message that the payment didn't go through Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Arcangela A Member Since: Dec 25, 2014
5 of 238

Please Upwork, evaluate and activate other options. It is a good time to evaluate other payment methods.

Thank you

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 238

Hi All,

We're currently looking into this situation and will be providing an update once we have more information. I'll be back to update this thread as soon as possible. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jenny G Member Since: May 28, 2015
7 of 238
Withdrew my earning to Payoneer today, then went into town to buy groceries and food for my horses. My card was declined at the till and I cant draw cash from atm. Get error message: Invalid Institution. ???
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 238

Jenny G wrote:
Withdrew my earning to Payoneer today, then went into town to buy groceries and food for my horses. My card was declined at the till and I cant draw cash from atm. Get error message: Invalid Institution. ???

Yes.... Read this

Payoneer cards are issued by Wirecard Card Solutions (WCS) Limited which is a subsidiary of Wirecard which went bust this week.

P.S. - as a fellow horsey person I  hope you appreciate that my first concern was whether you managed to get feed for the horses...

Highlighted
Jenny G Member Since: May 28, 2015
9 of 238

Thanks for the info and concern Smiley Happy  Thankfully, I managed to purchase food for my 8 dogs & 7 cats, before my card was declined. I have enough hay to keep my horses fed for another week, so they are sorted. But sweating a bit with month end expenses due. 

Highlighted
Shirley H Member Since: Sep 29, 2016
10 of 238

See other recent  messages for answers.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS