cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freezed Payoneer account (due to problems with WCSL)

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
51 of 238

Hi Mostafa,

Payoneer has advised that but if you have additional questions or would like to double-confirm, please reach out to Payoneer customer support.

Highlighted
Lina Z Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
52 of 238

WOW! Just got an email from Payoneer, that my account was freezed, because Wirecard AG filed for insolvency... Who else uses Payoneer and received the same email? I have no idea what to do...

Highlighted
shelece d Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
53 of 238
Me too. It looks like we will lose our funds. The email from payoneer is very vague. Many people do not have over 10k on their card so they will lose the little they have or it will be frozen until the investigation is over.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
54 of 238

Nah, you don't lose any money.

The money is still in your account, only, can no longer be spent through your card.

Highlighted
Lina Z Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
55 of 238

Well...I just tried to withdraw money to my local bank and the transaction was declined

Highlighted
56 of 238
No one can use their funds. You cannot even withdraw to your bank account.
Highlighted
Natalie J Member Since: Apr 23, 2015
57 of 238

Payoneer would not even allow the funds on the card to be sent to my bank account dispite a customer care rep assuring me that is was another option. 

It kept sending an error notice.

Insolvency is technically bankruptcy; add this to the fact that they are unwilling to give a timeframe of when they will release our hard earned monies, it seems very clear that the freeze will be permanent. 

A decision to go insolvent doesn't just spring up overnight and there was no warning to card users of this crisis. If there had been a warning given am certain most would have switched to anothe method to get paid thus avoiding losing their money. 

Thus freeze seems like another fraudulent scheme by Wirecard to hold the funds and use them to mitigate some of their debts whilst keeping cardholders in limbo. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
58 of 238

Natalie J wrote:

Insolvency is technically bankruptcy; add this to the fact that they are unwilling to give a timeframe of when they will release our hard earned monies, it seems very clear that the freeze will be permanent. 

Payoneer is not insolvent or bankrupt. Even Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd in the UK isn't insolvent or bankrupt.

Even Wirecard AG in Germany isn't. Only a small part has filed for insolvency.

Payoneer can't tell anyone how long it will take, because they don't know. They didn't freeze the funds, nor did Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd in the UK.

Natalie J wrote:

Thus freeze seems like another fraudulent scheme by Wirecard to hold the funds and use them to mitigate some of their debts whilst keeping cardholders in limbo. 

Huh? Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd didn't freeze the cards. The FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) in the UK did. You are conflating Wirecard AG, Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd in the UK, and Payoneer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
59 of 238

Lina Z wrote:

WOW! Just got an email from Payoneer, that my account was freezed, because Wirecard AG filed for insolvency... Who else uses Payoneer and received the same email? I have no idea what to do...

Your account was not frozen; the card was.

I got the email too.

Of late, I see little value in using that card, since Payoneer also offers me the ability to transfer from the balance to local bank. It's also way cheaper than trying to use the card to transfer through third parties like Skrill, WorldRemit, Transferwise.

Highlighted
60 of 238
It was frozen. I have more than 20k in my account and I cannot withdraw to
my bank account. I keep getting an error. Payoneer said that we would have
access to anything in excess of the card limit but that is not the case for
me.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS