cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freezed Payoneer account (due to problems with WCSL)

Highlighted
Lina Z Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
61 of 238

OMG!!! That´s a lot...

I really hope we will get back our money. I am super angry and frustrated 

Highlighted
shelece d Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
62 of 238
Me too. I use it for my ecommerce store as well so it really hurts. Fingers
crossed.
Highlighted
Ernest M Member Since: May 3, 2016
63 of 238

I have got $500 and my head is boiling. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Sorry. Hope this will be sorted out. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
64 of 238

wrote:

Lina Z wrote:

WOW! Just got an email from Payoneer, that my account was freezed, because Wirecard AG filed for insolvency... Who else uses Payoneer and received the same email? I have no idea what to do...

Your account was not frozen; the card was.

The funds on the card are frozen and may be lost.

Abinadab wrote:

The money is still in your account, only, can no longer be spent through your card. 

Wrong again. The money is on the card, 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Alexander N Member Since: Dec 28, 2008
65 of 238

Come on people, don't overdramatize. Money on the Payoneer account is safe and can be both deposited from Upwork, and withdrawn to the bank. Only the card balance amount is blocked, i.e. max $10K, the rest is safe. Thankfully, Payoneer wisely didn't trust the card provider with the full amount...

Highlighted
Ilya G Member Since: Jan 28, 2010
66 of 238

10K for many people is a huge amount... even less than 5K. Thus, I do not see a point in your "don't overdramatize". If you can easily loose few thousands - fine. But it might be a huge loss for others.

Highlighted
Robertino-Mihail V Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
67 of 238

In what alternatively realitity do you live?

It is clear for everybody the money is completely frozen, no bank transfers and not even currency exchanges for that matter.

It may take years yill we wil get it back.

I am very disspointed in Upwork, I am sure they knew about this days before us and still they let us transfer to Pyoneer... is this how Upwork  gain trust with its freelancers?

Highlighted
Slavko A Member Since: Sep 5, 2019
68 of 238

As you may have seen on the news, Wirecard AG filed for insolvency on Thursday. Your Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard® Card is issued by its subsidiary, Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (WCSL) in the UK. Today, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which regulates WCSL, issued requirements on WCSL, freezing all prepaid card activity for the time being. We believe that cardholder funds are properly safeguarded and that the freeze will be temporary.

THIS IS WHY:

protect the interests and money of consumers who use Wirecard. Following last week’s news of €1.9 billion missing from the accounts of the German company, Wirecard, we immediately placed requirements on the firm’s UK business so that it should not pay out or reduce any money it holds for its customers except on their instructions. We have been working closely with Wirecard UK and other authorities over the past few days to take action that protects consumers. We are continuing to do this and on 26 June, we took additional measures to require the firm to cease all regulated activities in order to further protect customer money. This now means customers money cannot be accessed.

Highlighted
Tatsiana L Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
69 of 238

Did anybody else try to withdraw their money from the card to the bank account?

Slavko A Member Since: Sep 5, 2019
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS