cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payoneer service disrupted (or worse)

Highlighted
Tatsiana L Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
71 of 238

What is about upcoming transaction? I have funds from Upwork which have to be uploaded in 2 bussiness days. Normally. But now they are in air?

Highlighted
shelece d Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
72 of 238
Add a new payment method immediately and get rid of payoneer. Any incoming
funds will be pending.
Highlighted
Tatsiana L Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
73 of 238

No, I mean funds are already transferred to the card. Yesterday. So normally they will have to appeare in the card on Monday. Where are they frozen?

Highlighted
Slavko A Member Since: Sep 5, 2019
74 of 238

"on 26 June, we took additional measures to require the firm to cease all "
They requested to stop accepting or paying money on 26 June so if your money not on card you need to contact UpWork fast as you get to stop transfer or it will be frozen.

Highlighted
Andrew S Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
75 of 238

I wonder if UpWork is gonna look for an alternative payment option, which would be as affordable as Payoneer. Not all people here make thousands of dollars in a month, and definitely not all people here are living in the U.S. For me there's no other way to withdraw funds, so now I'm forced to pay $30 for bank wire transfer, on top of 20% UpWork already skimmed off me, to get my mere $300. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Nassoro C Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
76 of 238

Partly, about 25% I blame myself, 10% I blame the Upwork, and another 65% I STRONGLY blame Payoneer!

My 25% Blame!

God, or whoever has that power to me or anyone for that matter, has gifted me something... revelation through dreams! It might sound nonsense to some people but trust me, I know what I'm talking! My dreams... not like those days-to-days stuff dreams, always will mean to tell me something!

Almost a week ago I dreamed to have lost my money that was already in my hands! When I woke up, and since I trust my dreams, I directly logged into my Payoneer Account... my money was there- safe like before!

Again I logged into my local bank account... everything was perfect!

Maybe you'd expect me to feel relieved but I didn't because as I stated earlier, I always trust my dreams! I didn't feel relieved because the whole day I kept asking myself how am I going to lose that money!

Anyway, sometimes I do Forex Trading, and my Forex Accounts have some few bucks in them! Then I told myself maybe that losing will be through Forex Trading!!

Am I a superstition? I don't care what you believe or even think about whether I am or not but I stopped trading for the whole week! I stopped even when I strongly felt to do so! I stopped cuz' I believed maybe my dream was alerting me the loss would come from forex trading!

Days numbered to form almost 1 week, and I even forgot about the dream though I didn't forget about not to trade!

When I received the email from Payoneer about the card issue couple of hours ago, I again remembered my dream! However, one side of me convinced me that, the dream had nothing to do with this! That dream happened almost a week ago while this issue, according to the email, looks like it has happened overnight!

I followed the FCA link found in the email, and my eyes stuck here  "This follows publication to the FCA’s Register of a number of requirements which have been applied to Wirecard’s authorisation from 19 June 2020.". 

Then it's like "what?! From June 19?" That brought me to:-

65% Blame on Payoneer!

Sounds like these people (Payoneer) knew about the issue since June 19 but they never told their customers because they knew some of us would empty our accounts! And YES, I would!

And "from June 19" issue reminded me of my dream! My dream wasn't able to fully reveal to me that there's something going on between Payoneer and FCA! But that's how dreams work, right?! Dreams give us pieces of information so that we'd use our own brains to connect the loose ends!

When I woke up today (my local time is GMT+3), I logged into my Upwork Account and came across with this alert:- "The UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued temporary restrictions on Payoneer’s prepaid card issuer Wirecard AG that may impact your payment withdrawal options. Learn more here."

This alert reminded me of the opening of the Payoneer email that started as "As you may have seen on the news, Wirecard AG filed for insolvency on Thursday". I asked them a lot of questions I believe they'll never provide satisfactory answers, and some my of question were "which news? From where? From which media outlets?

I was, and still I'm angry with their email opening because they pretended to believe that, everyone with a Payoneer Card is living in the UK! And even the FCA assumes all the Payoneer Customers live in the UK because all emergence solutions they provided will work only to Payoneer Customers living in the UK.  

The email opening brought me to:-

10% Blames on Upwork Team!

I gave them 10% because I believe Upwork needs to be aware of what's happening with their partners in business! That alert that's now on the Upwork Platform for me it's of no use... with "of no use" being just a gentleman way of saying a "**Edited for Community Guidelines** Alert"

Unless I'm missing something from the FCA's sentence I quoted above (anyway, am not an English speaker), if all this started from June 19, I expected Upwork to be aware of that, and provide us with the alert at least 3 days ago!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Simon T Member Since: Jul 2, 2016
77 of 238

You should try blaming the right people then.

It is wirecard AG that has gone bust and the card issuer is a subsidiary.  They also issue cards for all sorts of other people whose accounts are also blocked, it is not limited to payoneer by a long stretch.  Upwork could have added any number of other payment services and if they had prepaid cards attached then it is highly likely they would all have been blocked.  Wirecard are a provider for Payoneer, not part of the same company, you could look at Pockit, Curve, Ann pay or any number of others and they are in the same position.

It isn't Upwork's fault (though they should have more options) or Payoneer's.  Not that any of that helps.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
78 of 238

Nassoro C wrote:

Partly, about 25% I blame myself, 10% I blame the Upwork, and another 65% I STRONGLY blame Payoneer!

My 25% Blame!

God, or whoever has that power to me or anyone for that matter, has gifted me something... revelation through dreams! It might sound nonsense to some people but trust me, I know what I'm talking! My dreams... not like those days-to-days stuff dreams, always will mean to tell me something!

Almost a week ago I dreamed to have lost my money that was already in my hands! When I woke up, and since I trust my dreams, I directly logged into my Payoneer Account... my money was there- safe like before!

Again I logged into my local bank account... everything was perfect!

Maybe you'd expect me to feel relieved but I didn't because as I stated earlier, I always trust my dreams! I didn't feel relieved because the whole day I kept asking myself how am I going to lose that money!

Anyway, sometimes I do Forex Trading, and my Forex Accounts have some few bucks in them! Then I told myself maybe that losing will be through Forex Trading!!

Am I a superstition? I don't care what you believe or even think about whether I am or not but I stopped trading for the whole week! I stopped even when I strongly felt to do so! I stopped cuz' I believed maybe my dream was alerting me the loss would come from forex trading!

Days numbered to form almost 1 week, and I even forgot about the dream though I didn't forget about not to trade!

When I received the email from Payoneer about the card issue couple of hours ago, I again remembered my dream! However, one side of me convinced me that, the dream had nothing to do with this! That dream happened almost a week ago while this issue, according to the email, looks like it has happened overnight!

I followed the FCA link found in the email, and my eyes stuck here  "This follows publication to the FCA’s Register of a number of requirements which have been applied to Wirecard’s authorisation from 19 June 2020.". 

Then it's like "what?! From June 19?" That brought me to:-

65% Blame on Payoneer!

Sounds like these people (Payoneer) knew about the issue since June 19 but they never told their customers because they knew some of us would empty our accounts! And YES, I would!

And "from June 19" issue reminded me of my dream! My dream wasn't able to fully reveal to me that there's something going on between Payoneer and FCA! But that's how dreams work, right?! Dreams give us pieces of information so that we'd use our own brains to connect the loose ends!

When I woke up today (my local time is GMT+3), I logged into my Upwork Account and came across with this alert:- "The UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued temporary restrictions on Payoneer’s prepaid card issuer Wirecard AG that may impact your payment withdrawal options. Learn more here."

This alert reminded me of the opening of the Payoneer email that started as "As you may have seen on the news, Wirecard AG filed for insolvency on Thursday". I asked them a lot of questions I believe they'll never provide satisfactory answers, and some my of question were "which news? From where? From which media outlets?

I was, and still I'm angry with their email opening because they pretended to believe that, everyone with a Payoneer Card is living in the UK! And even the FCA assumes all the Payoneer Customers live in the UK because all emergence solutions they provided will work only to Payoneer Customers living in the UK.  

The email opening brought me to:-

10% Blames on Upwork Team!

I gave them 10% because I believe Upwork needs to be aware of what's happening with their partners in business! That alert that's now on the Upwork Platform for me it's of no use... with "of no use" being just a gentleman way of saying a "βullsh!t Alert"

Unless I'm missing something from the FCA's sentence I quoted above (anyway, am not an English speaker), if all this started from June 19, I expected Upwork to be aware of that, and provide us with the alert at least 3 days ago!

So what's going on, did your dream save you from your money being frozen or what? I can't follow the whole story, please just the gist. 

Highlighted
Azamat D Member Since: Jul 24, 2019
79 of 238

2020:*

" Fires in Australia

coronavirus in China*

worldwide quarantine*

Trump has cancelled the H1B visas.

the peyoner has gone down--> you're here.

Highlighted
Despoina L Member Since: Dec 13, 2015
80 of 238

Once upon a time upwork "forced" us move from skrill to payoneer... thank you!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS