Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payoneer will give you your money!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Simon T Member Since: Jul 2, 2016
201 of 238

I was looking at ways to get paypal to work as it does not issue cards where I am.  In theory the below should work but I haven't tried it (and it is a bit of a pain anyway).

Sign up to xoom (part of paypal anyway I think).  Do the sign up using paypal account.

From xoom you can make a transfer to a local money exchange (physical pickup) funded from paypal (if there is a balance otherwise it will assume bank and there is no drop down in this case).

Walk to wherever and get your cash.

Not ideal but it should work and th partner exchanges are all over the World.

Please note, I have not tried this.  I may do later if I can fund paypal a small amount to test.

Highlighted
Marina F Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
202 of 238

Renata, could you advise please, which kind of 3rd card (not linked to a bank account as I understand) with no conversation fee did you use? And how did you link it to the Payoneer account? As I get it accepts only bank accounts. Never heard about such option, would be very useful.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
203 of 238

Update by Payoneer COO issues about 30 minutes ago- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzOU080S0ZE

It seems that all Payoneer cards are active again. 

Highlighted
Maximiliano F Member Since: Mar 1, 2019
204 of 238
Confirmed, I was able to withdraw money at the ATM.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Simon T Member Since: Jul 2, 2016
205 of 238

Maximiliano F wrote:

I tried.  Wasn't yet.  Going to try again later.  Possibly location specific, who knows.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
206 of 238

Simon T wrote:

Maximiliano F wrote:

I tried.  Wasn't yet.  Going to try again later.  Possibly location specific, who knows.

It worked for me to make a purchase on Amazon.

However, something worries me. It now says 

"Can I use my card to receive new funds?

All future payments will continue to be received to your Payoneer currency balance, not your card".

That sounds like the card will be obsolete when the current balance on the card has been used up. 

Does anyone know? Say I have $ 100 on the card, $ 200 on my balance. I could not withdraw $150 using the card or buy something for $ 220 with the card?

And Simon, your Xoom idea won't work. You can't send Xoom money via PayPal using your PayPal balance, Xoom can only take money from a card linked to your PayPal account. I looked into that.

Highlighted
Robertino-Mihail V Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
207 of 238

I can confirm I was able to withdraw money from Payoneer.

It seems one can do ATM withdrawals, in-store and online payments but currently no bnak transfers.

Highlighted
Robertino-Mihail V Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
208 of 238

Quote:

"Can I access the funds on my card?

• Yes, you can withdraw the funds on your card from an ATM or spend them online and in-store. While you may wish to withdraw your funds very quickly, we have been assured by the FCA that no further problems are expected.
  • From Monday July 6, 2020, you will once again be able to withdraw your funds to your local bank account and use your balance to make payments. Until then, we will waive the flat ATM withdrawal fee."
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
209 of 238

Robertino-Mihail V wrote:

Quote:

"Can I access the funds on my card?

• Yes, you can withdraw the funds on your card from an ATM or spend them online and in-store. While you may wish to withdraw your funds very quickly, we have been assured by the FCA that no further problems are expected.
  • From Monday July 6, 2020, you will once again be able to withdraw your funds to your local bank account and use your balance to make payments. Until then, we will waive the flat ATM withdrawal fee."

Yes, but does that mean I can't use my card anymore when the funds ON THE CARD are spent but I still have money on my balance? I have a couple of monthly payments on the card and it's linked on Amazon. Also, if I can't use the card to withdraw money that is ON MY BALANCE, that will be a problem.

The way the announcement is worded makes it sound like the money on the balance can not be used via the card. Not at an ATM and not online or in store.

Highlighted
Maja M Member Since: Apr 14, 2019
210 of 238

It seems we'll all have to wait for new Payoneer cards. All future/incoming payments can be transferred to a local bank account only.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS