Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard Concerns

Highlighted
Dalibor P Member Since: Nov 8, 2017
Highlighted
Anatoly S Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
112 of 238
Hello fellow community members, this is my first post here since i started to work with upwork a while ago, everything was smooth so far and i'm really grateful for provided opportunity and all the work you put in this beautiful platform! Everything was smooth until today i got this message about wirecard bancrupcy and all this sad stuff which leads to questioning payoneer as a payment method, so my case is the following i have scheduled withdrawal which can no longer be postponed and i have only one payment method setup it takes up to three days to activate payment method but automatic withdrawal scheduled on June 29 plus now is weekend so i wanted to ask is it possible to request upwork support to temporarily freeze my balance (for about a week ?) until i will configure new payment method ? I also tried to remove payoneer as a payment option but unfortunatelly as it is only one option i could not do that. Thank you very much for your support! 
Highlighted
Stanislav K Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
113 of 238

Hello! I have a real problem with my Payoneer card - their partner is a bankrupt Smiley Sad But I have money on Upwork and Automatic Scheduled which will send money to Payoneer again soon Smiley Sad I changed my plans, but I can't say Stop for transferring money automatically). How I can stop Schedule for my Payoneer card?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
114 of 238

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for your question. We’ve decided to reset automatic payments to manual for freelancers and agencies outside the U.S. who use Payoneer as their preferred method to withdraw funds from Upwork. We took this step to give our users time to decide how to handle their payments to their Payoneer accounts. You’ll still be able to withdraw your earnings any time by selecting “Get Paid Now” from the Get Paid page.

I see you communicated with Customer Support and received advice regarding your scheduled payment. Let us know if you have further questions. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
115 of 238

Anatoly S wrote:
Hello fellow community membersthis is my first post here since i started to work with upwork a while agoeverything was smooth so far and i'm really grateful for provided opportunity and all the work you put in this beautiful platformEverything was smooth until today i got this message about wirecard bancrupcy and all this sad stuff which leads to questioning payoneer as a payment methodso my case is the following i have scheduled withdrawal which can no longer be postponed and i have only one payment method setup it takes up to three days to activate payment method but automatic withdrawal scheduled on June 29 plus now is weedend so i wanted to ask is it possible to request upwork support to temporarily freeze my blanace (for about a week ?) until i will configure new payment method ? I also tried to remove payoneer as a payment options but unfortunatelly as it is only one option i could not do thatThank you very much for your support!

What you want to do is change your schedule right now:

Go to Your Settings > Get Paid

Click on Edit Schedule

Change it to monthly (last Wednesday of every month)

That will give you a month. ( the new withdrawal date will be 29th of July)

On Wednesday you can change it back to quarterly, which will buy you even more time, but do NOT let it go past 180 days after the "oldest" money was earned, or it will auto-withdraw.

change schedule.png

Highlighted
116 of 238
Thank you!
Highlighted
117 of 238

Thank you very much Petra, amazing idea! This should do the trick

Highlighted
Community Guru
118 of 238

Dalia A wrote:

I also suggest postponing the quarterly automatic release of funds which is due on June 29th, for one week or more to allow time for adding new payment methods.

Example: I've added a bank account as a new payment method instead of payoneer but that will only take effect after 3 day (June 30th).

Daila, you can prevent the automatic withdrawal on the 29th.

What you want to do is change your schedule right now:

Go to Your Settings > Get Paid

Click on Edit Schedule

Change it to monthly (last Wednesday of every month)

That will give you a month. ( the new withdrawal date will be 29th of July)

On Wednesday you can change it back to quarterly, which will buy you even more time, but do NOT let it go past 180 days after the "oldest" money was earned, or it will auto-withdraw.

change schedule.png

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Igor S Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
119 of 238

Can upwork and payoneer make an agreement to withdraw all funds from payoneer account back to escrow ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
120 of 238

Igor S wrote:

Can upwork and payoneer make an agreement to withdraw all funds from payoneer account back to escrow ?

Neither Upwork nor Payoneer HAVE the money that is on the Wirecard cards. So, no, they can not. If and when the FCA releases the restrictions, the cards will work again.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS