Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard Concerns

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
211 of 238

Maja M wrote:

It seems we'll all have to wait for new Payoneer cards. All future/incoming payments can be transferred to a local bank account only.

That is a problem

Highlighted
Luz D Member Since: May 23, 2018
212 of 238

Hello! Even tho that this seems to be solved, is Upwork going to give us more options anytime soon or add new payment methods???

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Horacio C Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
213 of 238
Highlighted
Tamara J Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
214 of 238

Is it possible to withdraw funds from UpWork to Payoneer, after the freeze, and then withdraw them from Payoneer on ATM? 

Or we need to wait for the new cards to be issued to be able to use them?

I have funds on UpWork that I need as soon as possible, but it seems like this option won't be available soon?

Thank you

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
215 of 238

Hi Tamara,

Yes, you should be able to withdraw your funds from Upwork to you Payoneer account. Payoneer has advised that any new funds will be added to your Payoneer account and can be withdrawn to your bank account. If you have additional questions, please reach out to Payoneer customer support.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Tamara J Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
216 of 238

Thank you, but many users, like myself, aren't able to withdraw funds to our local banks, so we are still stuck until we receive a new card. That's pretty disappointing. 

Thank you for your fast response. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
217 of 238

Tamara J wrote:

Thank you, but many users, like myself, aren't able to withdraw funds to our local banks, so we are still stuck until we receive a new card. That's pretty disappointing. 

Thank you for your fast response. 

Yes. For those for whom Withdraw to bank is not available, they have no choice but to use the card.

But if you can withdraw from Payoneer to a local bank, continued usage of the Payoneer card is NOT advised.

If you have looked up the fees associated with using that card, you'll know it's too expensive and more often than not, not worth it.

If you have an account in a real bank in a real country where your deposits are insured, better keep your money there.

If 2 billion € can get missing from the parent company, there is no convincing me the same can't happen in the so-called safeguarded account of the subsidiary.

Highlighted
Milorad M Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
218 of 238

You cannot transfer new funds to your Payoneer account and use it to withdraw money from the ATMs. At least not until the new prepaid cards arrive.

Highlighted
Ninel K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
219 of 238

Hi Vladimir,

Could you please review and consider other payment methdos? I see 3 other methods in my account:

1: Paypal- doesn't work with Armenia

2: Wire Transfer (USD)- fee is too high

3: Direct to U.S. Bank (USD)-can the resident of Armenia open a bank account in US?

Payoneer informed that we can withdraw the current balance but they don't sure for future funds. I used Skrill in the past and it was great. Later, Upwork terminated their services. As you see here, in Armenia the only method that works for us is Payoneer but I have no idea how things will go

Thank you

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
220 of 238

Hi Ninel,

Thanks for the question. I understand the inconvenience of using some of the payment options available on your account. We frequently review the payment and billing options we give our users, but are not planning to add new ones at this time.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS