Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard Concerns

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
211 of 240

Robertino-Mihail V wrote:

Quote:

"Can I access the funds on my card?

• Yes, you can withdraw the funds on your card from an ATM or spend them online and in-store. While you may wish to withdraw your funds very quickly, we have been assured by the FCA that no further problems are expected.
  • From Monday July 6, 2020, you will once again be able to withdraw your funds to your local bank account and use your balance to make payments. Until then, we will waive the flat ATM withdrawal fee."

Yes, but does that mean I can't use my card anymore when the funds ON THE CARD are spent but I still have money on my balance? I have a couple of monthly payments on the card and it's linked on Amazon. Also, if I can't use the card to withdraw money that is ON MY BALANCE, that will be a problem.

The way the announcement is worded makes it sound like the money on the balance can not be used via the card. Not at an ATM and not online or in store.

zmajolika
Maja M Member Since: Apr 14, 2019
212 of 240

It seems we'll all have to wait for new Payoneer cards. All future/incoming payments can be transferred to a local bank account only.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
213 of 240

Maja M wrote:

It seems we'll all have to wait for new Payoneer cards. All future/incoming payments can be transferred to a local bank account only.

That is a problem

bananodromo
Luz D Member Since: May 23, 2018
214 of 240

Hello! Even tho that this seems to be solved, is Upwork going to give us more options anytime soon or add new payment methods???

orcio
Ace Contributor
Horacio C Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
215 of 240
mitja123
Tamara J Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
216 of 240

Is it possible to withdraw funds from UpWork to Payoneer, after the freeze, and then withdraw them from Payoneer on ATM? 

Or we need to wait for the new cards to be issued to be able to use them?

I have funds on UpWork that I need as soon as possible, but it seems like this option won't be available soon?

Thank you

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
217 of 240

Hi Tamara,

Yes, you should be able to withdraw your funds from Upwork to you Payoneer account. Payoneer has advised that any new funds will be added to your Payoneer account and can be withdrawn to your bank account. If you have additional questions, please reach out to Payoneer customer support.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mitja123
Tamara J Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
218 of 240

Thank you, but many users, like myself, aren't able to withdraw funds to our local banks, so we are still stuck until we receive a new card. That's pretty disappointing. 

Thank you for your fast response. 

abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
219 of 240

Tamara J wrote:

Thank you, but many users, like myself, aren't able to withdraw funds to our local banks, so we are still stuck until we receive a new card. That's pretty disappointing. 

Thank you for your fast response. 

Yes. For those for whom Withdraw to bank is not available, they have no choice but to use the card.

But if you can withdraw from Payoneer to a local bank, continued usage of the Payoneer card is NOT advised.

If you have looked up the fees associated with using that card, you'll know it's too expensive and more often than not, not worth it.

If you have an account in a real bank in a real country where your deposits are insured, better keep your money there.

If 2 billion € can get missing from the parent company, there is no convincing me the same can't happen in the so-called safeguarded account of the subsidiary.

mikicaner
Milorad M Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
220 of 240

You cannot transfer new funds to your Payoneer account and use it to withdraw money from the ATMs. At least not until the new prepaid cards arrive.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS