cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard Concerns

Highlighted
Maximiliano F Member Since: Mar 1, 2019
221 of 238
I just finished chatting with a Payoneer representative and he told me that the cards will became active again, to use with the new deposited funds (even though in the official email they sent, they say the opposite).

Fingers crossed
Highlighted
Tamara J Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
222 of 238
Did he give you any estimated time of that action? I read somewhere Payoneer stated officially that, that action will not be allowed until new cards arrive.
Highlighted
223 of 238
No he didn't, and I read the same as you, but he assured me that the 'old' cards would be fully functional again.
I'm not sure I trust the information, though.

He also said that it is now possible to request new cards for replacement, lost or stolen
Highlighted
Tamara J Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
224 of 238
That's great news if it's accurate. Thanks for sharing!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
225 of 238

Maximiliano F wrote:
No he didn't, and I read the same as you, but he assured me that the 'old' cards would be fully functional again.

This is the opposite of what I was told by another Payoneer rep.

Maximiliano F wrote:
He also said that it is now possible to request new cards for replacement, lost or stolen

But those new cards would be the same as the old cards... so still no way to use money on the Payoneer balance via the card

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
226 of 238

It's not your fault.

Payoneer has been inconsistent in their responses and seems to give whatever reply seems expedient at the time.

The backpedal on their statements a lot.

For instance, the other day they were like, while the FCA looks into things, they are not waiting, they are ASAP making arrangements to transition to a new card issuer based in Europe.

Now they are no longer talking about that, instead saying they "are gradually transitioning to delivering funds to your prepaid card, giving you the full set of card usage options". The same Wirecard.

They also backpedaled from July 6 to July 2.

They made it look like it takes that long to "restart" their services but no, it is a deliberate delay to avoid mass withdrawals which will happen anyways.

Did anyone also notice they made the statement they will guarantee all our funds only after it was clear the FCA had seen good signs on the case?

Stunts.

Highlighted
Natalie J Member Since: Apr 23, 2015
227 of 238

I loaded my pay last night to Payoneer because they sent me notices in both my email and the Payoneer inbox assuring that the cards are full operational again and we are now able to withdraw the money at  the ATMs; this was UNTRUE!

Their messages are contradictory and misleading. PayPal does not work for all countries and bank transfers are very expensive and sometimes takes days to clear.  At this point I no longer trust using them and hopefully UpWork will look for alternative payment methods that offer speedy access to our funds and actually care about their customers wellbeing and not just making money off of us. 

Highlighted
Ninel K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
228 of 238
Let's hope everything will be ok
Highlighted
229 of 238
Payoneer released an update on their official blog, saying that new funds will gradually be sent to our cards, starting today
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
230 of 238

Maximiliano F wrote:
Payoneer released an update on their official blog, saying that new funds will gradually be sent to our cards, starting today

OH WOW

That would be fabulous! It's not an issue for me yet anyway, but would become an issue later this month!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS