Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard Concerns

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
231 of 238

Ninel K wrote:

I used Skrill in the past and it was great. Later, Upwork terminated their services. As you see here, in Armenia the only method that works for us is Payoneer but I have no idea how things will go

Thank you

May I tell you why Upwork dropped Skrill.

Because Skrill is truly and verily an expensive third-party intermediary.

So expensive Upwork felt (and rightly so) that it's goal of putting more money in freelancers' pockets was being defeated.

Skrill is not coming back, at least not in its present shape.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
232 of 238

From the beginning i didnt trust Payoneer so much. I preferred Paypal as an intermediary. Although it takes 4% or your money transfers, i have never have an issue with it, and paypal has about 20 years in the market witg good reputation. An still I don't want to try again the dirtect to local bank, as the laat time I had an issue with it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
233 of 238

Lucio Ricardo M wrote:

I preferred Paypal as an intermediary. Although it takes 4% or your money transfers,

Not when I withdraw from Upwork or get paid by various other places that use MassPay.

When I withdraw $ 1000 from Upwork, I get $ 998 in my PayPal balance, and the $ 2 are taken by Upwork, not by PayPal.

Highlighted
Maximiliano F Member Since: Mar 1, 2019
234 of 238
I finally got the email telling that my card is activated again, to add funds and withdraw money at the atm or use it to make payments.

They added the option of actually transferring the money or not, and in the future, they will add a limit to how much money you want to send to your card
Highlighted
Andrej T Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
235 of 238

Can someone confirm that the Payoneer card is working? Has anyone sent new funds from Upwork to Payoneer in the last few days and used the card?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
236 of 238

I also just got an email saying I can use the card.

But I think I'll wait for a guinea pig to try it out first. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
237 of 238

Maximiliano F wrote:
I finally got the email telling that my card is activated again, to add funds and withdraw money at the atm or use it to make payments.

They added the option of actually transferring the money or not, and in the future, they will add a limit to how much money you want to send to your card

Specifically, they said they'll start allowing you set the limit to how much you want to add to your card.

Highlighted
Maximiliano F Member Since: Mar 1, 2019
238 of 238
Guinea pig here. It does work!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS