cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard Concerns

Highlighted
Biljana O Member Since: May 16, 2016
41 of 238
I have the same issue. I cannot remove Payoneer as a payment method because there is no "remove" button. Please advise on how can we stop all further releases on the Payoneer card.
Highlighted
Saad R Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
42 of 238

Hi, my earnings on Upwork were automatically sent to Payoneer (as per the settings) but for more than 2 days now the earnigs in Payoneer are being shown as "upcoming transactions" and are not available to me.

My previous withdrawal from Upwork Escrow to Payoneer was made in less than a few hours!

There is no verification pending in my Payoneer account. Can somebody please help?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Pablo C Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
43 of 238

Hi, I am trying to pay and hire a new freelancer but my payment method (Payoneer card) gets rejected.
Also tried with Paypal account, but it failed too.

I have used this same method to pay another freelancer a few weeks ago, and I didn't have any problems.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Wesley S Member Since: Jan 22, 2012
44 of 238

All Payoneer funds are frozen.  No transactions are able to get processed due to the Wirecard fraud that's on the news.  Google wirecard.  PayPal should be OK. Unless, you're trying to pay with a card linked to Payoneer. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
45 of 238

Hi Pablo,

Unfortunately, Payoneer Mastercard or pre-paid cards aren't accepted as a billing method on Upwork. As for PayPal, could you please try using an alternative payment method in your PayPal wallet?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Shirley H Member Since: Sep 29, 2016
46 of 238

Hello Support and Cardholders

I was informed by Payoneer Card today that my card was declined because Wirecard , the company who issues the card, is insolvent due to a dishonest  CEO.  

Do not transfer your payments to Payoneer at this time.  I have hundreds of dollars  in my account and I am not allowed to withdraw it on the card.

Upwork please tell me how to go about getting my funds back   from Payoneer Card.

Sincerely

Shirley G , Freelancer

Highlighted
Shirley H Member Since: Sep 29, 2016
47 of 238

Please note that Payoneer Customer  Support says that funds are not honored  as of right now.  Wirecard, the company that issues the card has declared insolvency.  Find another way to get your funds as you cannot withdraw them with the Payoneer card until further notice.  

Upwork please advise how I can get my funds.

Shirley G

Highlighted
Ana G Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
48 of 238

I got this message from Payonner:

As you may have seen on the news, Wirecard AG filed for insolvency on Thursday. Your Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard® Card is issued by its subsidiary, Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (WCSL) in the UK. Today, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which regulates WCSL, issued requirements on WCSL, freezing all prepaid card activity for the time being. We believe that cardholder funds are properly safeguarded and that the freeze will be temporary.

What does this mean?

The FCA has communicated that they have taken these measures with the primary objective of protecting the interests and money of Wirecard customers. Pending further actions from the FCA, you will temporarily be unable to withdraw the funds on your card, nor receive new payments onto your card.

Any funds that are in excess of the maximum balance of your card are held by Payoneer and are therefore not impacted by the FCA’s temporary freeze.

How can I get paid during this time?

Any future payments that you receive from marketplaces, platforms and clients will not be affected by the freeze. You can sign in to view your funds, and you can now add your bank account for withdrawal of your future incoming payments.

We are actively working on offering additional options for you and your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we’ll update you with more information as soon as we have it.

----

So the bold part, I guess further withdawls with payonner will be with bank accounts then?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
49 of 238

All,

Thank you for your patience. Our top priority is to ensure that you are able to access the funds that you have earned through Upwork. While any funds currently on your Payoneer prepaid card are frozen, Payoneer has advised that any new funds will be added to your Payoneer account and can be withdrawn to your bank account. Unfortunately, funds already sent to your Payoneer prepaid card are frozen and cannot be moved back to your Upwork account. You can also set up a new payment method on Upwork, if you prefer. To learn more, see our Help article. If you have additional questions, please reach out to Payoneer customer support. 

Our top priority is to ensure that you are able to access the funds that you have earned through Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mostafa S Member Since: Feb 20, 2020
50 of 238

Hi Valeria,

Valeria K wrote:

Payoneer has advised that any new funds will be added to your Payoneer account and can be withdrawn to your bank account.

Does it mean if I can get paid to my Payoneer account and withdraw it to my bank account?
Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS