Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Templates

Highlighted
BhaveshKumar S Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
11 of 57

Hi Vladimir G,

Thank you so much for responding.

Yes, I can see that the entire image is visible ONLY after publishing the project. This means that the PREVIEW is not functioning as WYSIWYG. I think this needs to be fixed otherwise PREVIEW has no meaning and it should simply go to PUBLISH.

But, I am happy and relieved to see that the entire image does get published; the thought of resizing all the images was just killing me. Thank you so much for saving my time and peace of mind.

However, the other issue is that there's this gray space at the bottom of shorter images (please see attached), probably because the fixed height of the cell is not wrapping to the image with shorter height — can it be fixed?

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards,

BhaveshKumar

Highlighted
Brian L Member Since: Jan 17, 2016
12 of 57

I'm looking to upload a custom cover image for an item in my portfolio but don't see an option for this in the new template setup.

When I select an image for the cover photo it auto crops the image awkwardly cutting off key elements in the cover image.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 57

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community. Could you please publish the image without editing it in the preview screen and let us know if the image retains its original size?

Highlighted
14 of 57

Hey Vladimir,

The original image in the portfolio was already published and created awhile back using the old portfolio template. Current sizing for the vertical image is 2000 × 3575 pixels. The issue however is that it appears there is no longer an option in the portfolio to upload an individual custom cover/thumbnail image. Is that correct or I'm overlooking something?

Currently the new vertical 2000x3375 cover image is automatically being cropped when published. How can I customize the cover image cropping or even better upload my own cover image?

Feel free to reveiw the screenshot below:

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 57

Hi Brian,

Could you please follow instructions Vladimir shared in his reply above and try adjusting/customizing the cover/thumbnail image:

1.png

I hope this was helpful.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
16 of 57

Thank you! That seemed to work while still maintaining the orignal specs of the portfolio image. There is still the unanswered question about uploading an individual custom cover image. Is this still possible with the new portofio?

Highlighted
17 of 57

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the late reply. In the new layouts, freelancers can select whichever image they'd like to display as the cover image after uploading a "solution" photo, please see the screenshots below.

There is a radio button below the image(s) once they are uploaded. We will automatically crop it for them - or they can change the crop by clicking the edit button in the top right of the image.

Solution 1.pngSolution 2.png

Highlighted
18 of 57

Thanks for providing continued feedback Cristian and Bhavesh! We do value your input and are definitely taking it into consideration as we plan additional ways to improve the portfolio experience. 

Highlighted
Yan E Member Since: Nov 19, 2018
19 of 57

Hello. New templates seemed good, but got a question though: is there any chance of return the ability of attaching gif animations, I've asked support last autumn but they had closed the question after month or two due to undefiened answer from developers team. I have portfolio pieces that play old animations and I really miss that option. It was pretty representative and I've found out I'm not the only one who is unsatisfied of such cut off in website ui.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 57

Hi Yan,

I checked with out product team and they confirmed that they are planning to address this issue soon. I'll make sure to update the thread once gifs are supported in portfolios again.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS