cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Templates

Highlighted
Maya N Member Since: Jul 14, 2018
21 of 57

uploading an mp4 doesn't work. It shows up as a link without a preview of the file.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 57

Hi Maya,

Are you uploading it using a Classic template. I just tried to replicate it and the file shows as plain text in Preview but as an attachment once published. Does the attachment show correctly for you once published?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Kevin F Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
23 of 57

It is completely ridiculous that we can only post new portfolio items to our specialties. We are only allowed two specialties, but in reality may work on projects that don't fit neatly into our specialties. For example, the specialties I selected on Upwork are "Mobile App Development" and "Mobile Game Development", so now I can't post a portfolio item showcasing some other skill like "Desktop Software Development".

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
24 of 57

Kevin F wrote:

It is completely ridiculous that we can only post new portfolio items to our specialties. We are only allowed two specialties, but in reality may work on projects that don't fit neatly into our specialties. For example, the specialties I selected on Upwork are "Mobile App Development" and "Mobile Game Development", so now I can't post a portfolio item showcasing some other skill like "Desktop Software Development".

Upwork, this is absolute **Edited for Community Guidelines**. It's ridiculous to force those of us who DON'T HAVE SPECIALITIES to create specialized profiles. So now you've taken away the ability to create new portfolio items until we separate our profiles?? What the hell is wong with this site -- as if all your other **Edited for Community Guidelines** isn't enough.

Highlighted
Brianna M Member Since: Jul 21, 2019
25 of 57

I'm having the same issue!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
26 of 57

Hi Brianna, and Sanja, 

I have merged your thread to this announcement post, as your questions were not related to the original thread where you posted a reply.

Regarding your question about adding portolio items to your general profile, please know that this is working as designed. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allow freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it here through the announcement post. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
27 of 57

just tried it - and when I try to add portfolio item, I click on the + sign and get  "create specialized portfolio"  popup - if I choose "not now" I'm back on my profile page where I started...

Highlighted
28 of 57

Hi Sanja, 

I have replied to you and Briana, and have merged your post to this thread. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Renzo N Member Since: Jul 21, 2019
29 of 57

Hi,

After having created a specialized profile, I tried to fill my portfolio section. I could not do it because each time I select a template and click on "Go Add details", a dialog box pops up giving me as unique option to reload the page, then the page returns to "Add Projects" creating an infinite loop. I am never allowed to enter to "Add details" section.

I tried to execute this action in firefox, chrome and Edge, wheather I clean cache or use an incognito windows the result is the same in Windows and Linux. 

I would appreciate to know the procedure to officially report the issue and have some feedback about it.

Regards,

Highlighted
30 of 57

Hi Renzo, 

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. I have shared this with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you and assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS