cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Templates

Ace Contributor
Flavio S Member Since: Nov 19, 2015
31 of 50

I really like this new portfolios options, but something is missing now, or maybe I'm not able to find it.

When the piece was made here on Upwork and it's linked to a past job, the feedback left is no longer shown, right?

It was nice to know that clients previously could see the portfiolio piece plus the good feedback we got for it.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
32 of 50

Thanks for sharing your feedback in the Community. I'll share your input regarding displaying client feedback on Portfolio samples with our team.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
33 of 50

Flavio S wrote:

I really like this new portfolios options, but something is missing now, or maybe I'm not able to find it.

When the piece was made here on Upwork and it's linked to a past job, the feedback left is no longer shown, right?

It was nice to know that clients previously could see the portfiolio piece plus the good feedback we got for it.

I noticed this a while ago but assumed it was a bug. It's by design? Then what's the point of even being able to link portfolio pieces to previous contracts? Seriously, this site is messed up -- on what level of thinking do your decisions occur??

Avery O wrote:

Hi Brianna, and Sanja, 

Regarding your question about adding portolio items to your general profile, please know that this is working as designed. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allow freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. 

I can't believe this -- for the 100th time, how can you force freelancers into specialized profiles? What's next -- we can't be freelancers here until we create specialized profiles? (Not to mention all the complaints / bug reports associated with specialized profiles!)

Forget your huge, ridiculous changes ... now you mess up our ability to use even basic site features? I'd never pay -- whether through membership or connects -- for this nonsense.

Ace Contributor
Flavio S Member Since: Nov 19, 2015
34 of 50

Thanks Vladimir

Jon G Member Since: Jun 5, 2017
35 of 50

I am unable to add a new item to my portfolio. It goes into an endles loop of "create a new specialized portfolio."

I do not need, want, nor have I requested a specialized portfolio.

How do I add new items to my existing portfolio with this new and "improved" system?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
36 of 50

hi Jon,

I can confirm that this is working as designed. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allows freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it this on the announcement post Here. Thank you. 

Untitled
Jon G Member Since: Jun 5, 2017
37 of 50

Goran

"This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allows freelancers to better customize their skills and experience."

What does this sentence even mean?  I realize you are just copying and pasting what you are told to... but that sentence doesn't even make sense. How does forcing multiple portfolios "better customize" my skills and experience?

Also.... if you are going to delete my original post and add it to some other one... shouldn't you let me know somehow? I had to do a search for my own post.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
38 of 50

Jon G wrote:

I am unable to add a new item to my portfolio. It goes into an endles loop of "create a new specialized portfolio."

I do not need, want, nor have I requested a specialized portfolio.

How do I add new items to my existing portfolio with this new and "improved" system?

They don't give a **bleep**. They just sprung this change on us without any warning -- like they do with many of their other nonsensical changes. It's infuriating. So now I can never add a new portfolio item unless I make my profile ridiculous.

Ace Contributor
Lisa T Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
39 of 50

I am having the same issue. I don't want to create a specialized portfolio at this time. I just need to quickly fix my old portfolio so it won't be messed up in the meantime because one of the pictures has disappeared. I went to update my portfolio and found out we're being "encouraged" (forced) to create a specialized one but that is going to take some time to figure out how it works, figure out which projects to highlight, fill in all those blanks, create all those jpgs, and which skills to highlight.

All I want to do is repair my old portfolio until I have time to do all those other things we're being "encouraged" (forced) to do. Meanwhile, having a messed up portfolio is creating an issue with getting hired.

Freelancers do not like to be forced to do anything. That is why they become freelancers to begin with. I am paying for this service; I do not work for Upwork, I work for my clients. I've been here for years and then had to get a picture taken and upload it, upload my drivers license, and apparently that isn't good enough and now have to make an interview video. Now I have to totally redo my portfolio. What next, will we have to perform a song and dance? Sorry, this is just very aggravating.

Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
40 of 50

Been busy so not following these discussions lately, starting to catch up yesterday I saw on the Designers and Creatives Job Skills Discussion that we can no longer add items to or delete them from our portfolios unless we add a specialized one. That seems weird, maybe they got that wrong.

I've also heard there are drawbacks to using specialized portfolios, something about then jobs in the specializty category no longer appear on the basic portfolio, so it looks like we worked fewer hours or earned less. I never got clear on that though.

Also wonder if the new portfolio templates, apparently only avilable for speicialized portfolios, got launched. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS