cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Templates

Highlighted
Rhonda Lynn W Member Since: Sep 18, 2019
41 of 57

I am new to Upwork and cannot get these portfolio images to work at all - is there a human we can talk to about this issue? Or a way to just link to our offsite portfolios?

Highlighted
Rhonda Lynn W Member Since: Sep 18, 2019
42 of 57

I am having the same issue - tried various sizes but the cropping feature just doesn't work.  I have not been able to get a complete file to show. Something is seriously wrong with this. Now I can't figure out how to delete the porfolio I started that lacks  an image. Very frustrating. Is there anyway artists can link to our offsite portfolios?

Highlighted
Zack F Member Since: Sep 25, 2019
43 of 57

I have tried multiple times to get my portfolio images uploaded, with no luck.  I can't get my entire image to show.  Can anyone help me with the sizing?

Highlighted
Georgia F Member Since: Sep 28, 2019
44 of 57

No matter what size my image in my portfolio, it is too big and the edges are cut off by the crop. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
45 of 57

Hi Georgia, 

While the minimum dimensions for thumbnail images are 400px width x 300px height, a width of at least 1000px is recommended. Please check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Sharon B Member Since: Sep 27, 2019
46 of 57

Resizing the images in NOT a solution. The problem is that portrait (vertical) images are being cropped into Horizontal (landscape) orientation. This is happening the Gallery template. 

It seems the only solution is to use the classic template, which is not a good solution, IMO. I prefer the look and feel of the Gallery template. I don't understand why we can't get a straight answr to this question. We all have images that are both horizonal and vertical that we want to showcase and the Gallery template makes it impossible. 

Here's a screen shot of what my images looks like in the gallery, and the original image. You can see it get cropped in the middle. Surely this is not by design!

Can you please tell me why the Gallery template is cropping my images in this manner?

Highlighted
BhaveshKumar S Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
47 of 57
Hi Sharon B,

I can understand how annoying and frustrating it can be.

The last time I was advised by a community member I found that it's only the 'preview' that does the unwanted cropping, but when you upload and publish your image, it appears just the way it was meant to be. I tried it and I could see my portrait image publish fine, as per the original proportion. So, I would advise you to try that and see.

Besides, I very much agree that we all have images that are portrait and landscape, and the the gallery should be more user-friendly in helping us achieve in what lies the basis of our existence on this platform.

I really hope it works for you. Good luck!

Regards,

BK Suru
Highlighted
Sandra S Member Since: Dec 3, 2017
48 of 57

I'm having trouble setting up the portfolio section of my profile. How can I get technical support?

Sandi S

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
49 of 57

Hi Sandra,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. Please know that this is working as designed. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allows freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it here through the announcement post. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Jeffrey F Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
50 of 57

Hi! I'm a newbie and I'm currently learning how to add images in my portfolio. I went through the help topics and I found out there is actually a cover image button upload you need to click in order to upload the image. However, whenever I try to create a porfolio, after I put the title and overview, it will ask me to publish it. I don't see any link where I can upload a sample image of the project I want to showcase. 

Thank you for the replies!

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 11.31.20 PM.png 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS