Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Templates

Highlighted
Nikolay L Member Since: Sep 2, 2020
51 of 57

I can't add my portfolio?

Upwork system asks me for specialty (I am an aerospace engineer, or could be named as astronautical engineer), I try to specify it as your system says, but then nothing, it only exits. How can I add my portfolio?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
52 of 57

Hi Nikolay,

In order to add a new portfolio item, you need to have a Specialized profile. This update/change is also to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this will allow freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. I also merged your post in the announcement thread on this change.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Nikolay L Member Since: Sep 2, 2020
53 of 57

Firstly thanks for your reply.

I can't make Specialized profile.
After pressing green button nothing happens.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
54 of 57

Hi Nikolay,

When the user is choosing "I don't see my specialty" option and enters the information in the field, that sends their suggestion to our Product Team. It will be reviewed and if we see enough demand for a specialty, it will be added. Meanwhile, you can create a Specialized profile with another related Engineering Specialty that you're proficient in and that's available in the list. Then you can add "aerospace" as one of your skills.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Michael T Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
55 of 57

Hi, I'm new with using UpWork and I'm a little confused with using the porftolio upload feature that this site has. I'm a graphic designer, so I would like to upload some of my flyers that I have done, but it's a vertical design, so when I tried uploading them, the system can only fit 690px width at maximum, and it crops out the rest of my design til it looks like it hits 690px length as well (I think). After going through some of the forums here, I found out that apparently that's the limit for uploading image sizes, however I started looking at other freelancers on this site and when I clicked on some of their design portfolios, I can see clearly that some have images that are incredibly vertical (really nice ones too). I'm confused, can someone try to explain to me why I can't upload some of my designs vertically while others can. Why is it only 690px? I have a brand new account, and it's the free membership. Thanks for your time!

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
56 of 57

Hi Michael,

Thumbnail images, URL, and/or project files can be attached for clients to view. Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. You cna check this help article for more information and this 

announcement.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Michael T Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
57 of 57

Hi Joanne, 

Thank you for the advice but I think I figured out what had happened. I kept selecting the Gallery Template as the default template to put in my designs on, and that's how they kept getting automatically cropped. Only after did I decide to pick Classic Template as the default version was when I could see my designs at their original size being displayed.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS