Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Announcement Follow-Up

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
1271 of 1,295

@Bostjan C wrote:

The interesting fact that I noticed in the past two weeks is that the quality of the jobs (clients) has severely declined.

I don't have number to support this but I have gained the same impression over the last 4 weeks.

Rob O Member Since: Jan 27, 2016
1272 of 1,295

I was only a small client in comparison to others.  Maybe $25,000-$40,000 a year.   But I don't post work here anymore.   I hope things improve for those of you who remain.

Community Guru
1273 of 1,295

@Rob O wrote:

I was only a small client in comparison to others.  Maybe $25,000-$40,000 a year.   But I don't post work here anymore.   I hope things improve for those of you who remain.

Rob, but why don't you post jobs here anymore? You are not directly affected by the increased commission the freelancers have to pay to Upwork. 

Rob O Member Since: Jan 27, 2016
1274 of 1,295

I understand that I am not directly impacted by the increases in commissions.  But that doesn't mean I have to accept it.  Upwork suggested I merely pay more...

My main reason for leaving was the clunky nature of the site.  It's about 3 steps back from the old eLance site.  Just too hard and frustrating to use.   I didn't need the hassle....

Community Guru
1275 of 1,295

@Rob O wrote:

I understand that I am not directly impacted by the increases in commissions.  But that doesn't mean I have to accept it.  Upwork suggested I merely pay more...

My main reason for leaving was the clunky nature of the site.  It's about 3 steps back from the old eLance site.  Just too hard and frustrating to use.   I didn't need the hassle....

I see that. Yes, Elance was streamlined to make everything as simple as possible.  

Bostjan C Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
1276 of 1,295

Maybe he isn't. But if he wants to work with new freelancers he is affected. Because freelancers had to increase their rates due to the 20% fees.

Community Guru
1277 of 1,295

@Bostjan C wrote:

Maybe he isn't. But if he wants to work with new freelancers he is affected. Because freelancers had to increase their rates due to the 20% fees.

Not all were successful in increasing their rates. I still see plenty of proposals on translation jobs that pay 1 ct per word or less. I even gained the impression the number of such jobs has increased. 

Felipe G Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
1278 of 1,295

You´re completly right, the quailty of the jobs is getting worse. Not only the past two weeks, but the entire moth.

Most of the jobs posted were NEW clients with really low budgets.

Bostjan C Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
1279 of 1,295

I haven't been a member of Upwork for long, but browsing the jobs in the beginning was quite different than the situation now. Upwork just became **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ace Contributor
Gregory M Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
1280 of 1,295

@Bostjan C wrote:

The interesting fact that I noticed in the past two weeks is that the quality of the jobs (clients) has severely declined. Apparently the companies that posted good jobs, with accurate descriptions and budgets that weren't ridiculously low; I can name a few but won't post any links:

And these are just a few. I have a strange feeling that the big companies that were threatening to leave really left.

I am monitoring jobs in IT and I have the same impression. "Bad month" surely continues now well into September. Nothing like it was just the last spring.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS