Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Announcement Follow-Up

Ace Contributor
Nikolaos D Member Since: May 4, 2016
1281 of 1,295

Good points Bostjan and Gregory.

I don't know if "big companies" left, but I believe they changed their mentaliity. "Why should I pay more when I can squeeze the price (thus the freelancer) and keep more profits?" They all do that.

Nowadays you see many jobs go for 100$, 50$, 20$ or even less!

Ace Contributor
Gregory M Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
1282 of 1,295

That's a bit funny - just today there is a flood of IT jobs, created in different countries across the globe, all ending with the xx$/Per Hour - 40-60$ per hour range. All look like they are not actually posted by the original client.
Is it an image boosting of sorts?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
1283 of 1,295

Hi Gregory,

Feel free to report any job you suspect is violating Upwork ToS, provide evidence and any other relevant details you have, and our team will follow up and review it.  

Ace Contributor
Gregory M Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
1284 of 1,295

Thanks Vladimir, just flagged a few

Tomislav C Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
1285 of 1,295

Hey guys, 

If someone can tell me when they past over the 10K limit with a client. did you received an email, or anything stating that the fee changed from 10% to 5%?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
1286 of 1,295

Hi Tomislav,

I can confirm freelancers are notified about the service fee changes. I see your last payment straddled the threshold and you can confirm this by checking your Transaction History and Lifetime Billing reports.

Hasanat A Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1287 of 1,295

You'll get an email notification as well as a pop-up on Upwork dashboard, when you cross an income threshhold.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
1288 of 1,295

I have one notification for congratulation constantly poping up, like fifth time or so, for a client I worked with. It tells how my fee is lowered. I cleaned my cookies and cache the other day and this notification is still appearing. Almost every time I reopen Upwork tab (not logging in, just reopening it). Help?

1289 of 1,295

Vesna,

If you click "X" on the pop-up and then access Upwork.com again, do you see the pop-up again? We'll have this checked.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
1290 of 1,295

It goes away for some period of time. And later that day or next it appears again.